cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract - charged different amount

EddyFiss
Tuning in

I have a contract dated 7th June 2022. The package is £93.50. I called the "leaving" desk and was given  a discount down to £83.00.  Then the phone line was changed to the fibre (on my router hub) and now I'm being charged £105.00.

I'd be grateful for an explanation  please, because the discount was intended by the "leavers" to be for 6 months.

Cheers

Cliff                

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EddyFiss wrote:

I have a contract dated 7th June 2022. The package is £93.50. I called the "leaving" desk and was given  a discount down to £83.00.  Then the phone line was changed to the fibre (on my router hub) and now I'm being charged £105.00.

I'd be grateful for an explanation  please, because the discount was intended by the "leavers" to be for 6 months.

Cheers

Cliff                

Hi Cliff 

I'm pretty sure you meant 7th June 2023 and not 2022, otherwise the discount would have ended December 2022.

Has there been another contract added to your account since the one made by the 'leaving desk' which you can find in /my-virgin-media ?  If not I would also double check that they did apply the discount for 6 months.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EddyFiss wrote:

Cheers

Cliff                

Hi Cliff 

I'm pretty sure you meant 7th June 2023 and not 2022, otherwise the discount would have ended December 2022.

Has there been another contract added to your account since the one made by the 'leaving desk' which you can find in /my-virgin-media ?  If not I would also double check that they did apply the discount for 6 months.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes - you are nearly right and it would have been as you say, but I made the enquiry this year so it really is a discount for 2023. My phone line was changed at end-April 2023 so that would be when I was expecting the discount.

The other complication is an email on 28 August 2023 from VM offering me upgrades - I missed the small print that said I was out of contract. Don't know now if I've got one, or if the 2022 one is still extant. I can't be on PAYG, can I?

The only contract listed on VM is 7th June 2022 (at £93.50) so I think something is missing? I haven't got a copy of any contract that shows £105, which I am currently paying.

Thanks for picking up my query 🙂

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff, 

Thanks for coming back and updating your thread. I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with viewing your contract. I can see that you're already in a private conversation with John so if you're still having further issues, mention this with him in your PM and he will be able to help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks - I'll do that.

Cheers

Cliff

To all who helped.

My contract wa somewhere in the system, but stuck inlimbo. It has been sorted and the outcome is I have one and there is some "back pay" credit to come, as well as the now reduced subscription.

Thanks for helping 🙂

Cheers

Cliff.

EddyFiss
Tuning in

I did as newapollo suggested and checked today.

I have not yet received the new contract. Don't know how long it takes, but the answer was "we've fixed it."

Patience is a virtue - it is said!

Cheers

Cliff