cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Transfer

TymonBulawa
Joining in

I have set up as contract for £24 for 18 months, for me and my girlfriend, as we moved into a flat together. After 2 months, I have moved away, and would like to transfer my account/contract to her. How would I go about doing that?

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

afaik you cannot - you would have to end the contract which would mean early disconnection fees would have to be paid then a new contract would have to be taken out in a new name

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TymonBulawa,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have had to move and that you now need to put your account in your partners name, although Tony was correct we cannot transfer the account into your partners name what you can do to avoid a £240 charge is keep it in your name and transfer the payments into her name, once the contract is up you can then cancel and she may take the account in her name.

If this isn't something you are able or wish to do it would mean there would be a cancelation fee unless you are able to take the services to where you have moved to.

Regards

Paul.

I'd be careful with the advice in the post above  "is keep it in your name and transfer the payments into her name".

It would be the contracting party/account holder who is chased for payment should the girlfriend not pay and who could potentially be reported to a credit reference agency for non-payment.

I think it better for the account holder to maintain payments to Virgin Media and the girlfriend to reimburse the account holder, assuming of course she wants to continue with the VM service.