cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Ended/ Ending. VM not interested in renewal

benno17
On our wavelength

I signed an 18 month contract on 12 July 2022 for the Ultimate Volt package. So by my calculation it should end 18 January 2024. According to a letter I rec'd in November, it ended on 11/10/2023. Have phoned 3 times to see what is available but none of the agents seem interested! They just want me to wait. What for I have no idea. The monthly price in January increases by 70% ... not affordable. Sky is considerably cheaper. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get VM to take an interest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All I get when I try that is the answer "Oops! Looks like something's gone wrong" Thanks for the thought though

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Tractorboy
Rising star

Have you tried the current promotion on their home page and in your account - Black Friday deals , click on that and see what you get !

Mind you if you get a deal they seem to have severe delays applying it at the moment...

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi benno17

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I will send you a private message now so I can check and confirm the contract end date for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All I get when I try that is the answer "Oops! Looks like something's gone wrong" Thanks for the thought though

Thta's what I thought too. Their admin has always been awful 😞 I prefer to plan well ahead and that's why I was trying to get a deal early. Sky has a reasonable offer for Sky Q.

Please can someone from Virgin PM me so I can sort out my contract renewal - this is proving to be impossible through the normal channels (phone/chat). 

Hey PACMAN33, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are struggling to renew your package.

Unfortunately on the community we don't do package changes however you can look at some amazing deals here 

Please make sure you login in when accessing that link. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

benno17
On our wavelength

So, as advised I called VM on 12/12/23 and reluctantly agreed a new contract, even though cost had increased by 30%. The agent confirmed that my existing deal at the reduced rate, would continue until 12/1/24. The new deal confirming the increased amount arrived a few days later with the increased price starting immediately. I called, spoke to an agent who confirmed that she would put through a credit for the difference. It was no surprise when VM took the new amount wef 12/12/23 and there was no sign of the credit. I almost swapped to Sky and now wish I had. VM's admin is the worst. Can't raise the energy to call VM! 

Sorry to hear of the billing, package and credit issues experienced benno17, when did you speak to the agent? If the credit was applied within the Direct Debit period it won't have impacted that bill but may be sat on the account for the next bill produced.

Have you been able to view your account and current balance here?

Rob

benno17
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Rob. Definitely not there.