Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media

I am stuck in South East Asia unable to return to the UK because all links to the mainland from the island I am on have been suspended until the Covid 19 lockdown comes to an end.  Trying to find a link where you can contact Virginmedia is like a wander though a minefield blindfold leading down paths that take you nowhere, back to where you started or links to Chat that doesn't work.  Having been with Virginmedia for over 20 years I knew before I started I'd be wasting my time looking for an email address, the simple truth is they don't want anything in writing that you could refer to if something goes wrong.  Phoning them from where I am is out of the question and anyway they rarely answer if you do and then after repeated aborted attempts or keeping you hanging on for a ridiculous period of time at the same time as bombarding your ears with music that can only be described as moronic. I've heard they have set up a text message line where subscribers can contact them but be dammed if I can find it.  I want to cancel because I have someone in my house using the Virginmedia box but not paying me.  £110.75pm not a small amount and a package change not by me but by him without my approval how did that happen, so much for Virgin security.  So I have no alternative than to cancel my Monthly Direct Debit, its my only option plus this message will be forwarded to Virgin's COE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contacting Virgin Media

vm do not have an email address.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

If the package was changed and they managed to pass security you'll now be on a new contract so may have early disconnection fees to pay.

Cancelling your Direct debit will not cancel the contract. it will only build up a debt that will be listed as a default on your credit file and passed to a debt collection agency 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BoneyWoney,

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into. I am sorry you're wanting to leave us and cancel your contract. I am also sorry that you've been finding it hard to get through to the team that can do this. I am afraid the only two ways of cancelling are to either call 0345 454 1111 choose option 1, 4 then 4 for the retentions department. Or you can write us a letter and send it to our postal address found on our contact us page here with your account details, personal details, clear instruction that you want to give your 30 days notice and your written signature. 

In terms of this person at your address being able to change your package, he would have needed to know your password in order to get through security. The advice given above by Apcyberax is correct, please do not cancel your direct debit as this could incur a snowballing debt that will affect your credit rating. 

I hope this helps.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The link in Megan_L's post contain erroneous characters http://virg.in/VMcontact%09%09,  correct link is http://virg.in/VMcontact

If cancelling by post make sure to use a Sign for service to: (a) have confirmation of delivery; (b) record o receipt date as this is when the 30 day notice period starts. Consider also advising Virgin Media of alternative contact details making clear the reason, i.e. due to Coronavirus stranded abroad. The address to write to can be found here N. Other ways to end this agreement under section 1 point 2.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well to be honest I think its absolutely disgraceful, Virgin treat their customers abysmally making it as difficult as possible for customers to carry out the simplest of tasks.  Every other utility I have contacted online from this the other side of the world including gas, electric and water has cancelled with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As for knowing my password, no he would not and did not get it from me.  I don't divulge any of my passwords or personal information of that nature to anyone.  I know from my own experience you can get through without a password so don't try to kid me on that one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, I will try the option you have supplied.

0 Kudos