Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 11 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact with VM

Yes, thanks Emily, that's the reply I received on Sunday.

But I can't get through to speak to anyone.  That hasn't changed either!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 30
Flag for a moderator

You should be able to get through to the team, did you go through the automated questions?

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 13 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes.  Then get a message saying "You're connected to the Team".  But nothing happens after that.  There's no-one there.  Exactly as with "Live Chat".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 30
Flag for a moderator

After this is said do you respond to them? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 15 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Emily, there isn't anyone there.  It's just a bot.  Once you get this message you're asked to type "yes" to stay connected.   After you've done that, nothing further happens.

I do appreciate that you're trying to help, and am so grateful, but multiple people on the forums are telling VM that there is a problem contacting them: telling people to use a text service that doesn't get you in touch either isn't really moving things forwards.

I've said it all now so won't be replying further, but I do thank you again for your willingness to try to help.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi ntruby

eureka! been trying for well over a month now but finally managed to contact vm and downgrade package to a reasonable price. The text service is terrible but if you persist someone will eventually answer. My last text was answered after two days but that was after trying for over a month. all I can say is good luck!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update pedlar and glad to hear you have been able to change your package and are happy with your deal.

If you need us again the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 30
Flag for a moderator

not being ungrateful but the problem everyone is having is contact with VM which is virtually impossible. Its only perserverance over a month and a few weeks that I managed to sort this problem out without the help of the forum team Robert_p. VM if it exists needs to be made aware of the problems people are facing with the virus and the frustration of trying to contact a multi million pound communication company who should be able to handle these problems. The forum should be raising these issues with vm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The main tactic of VM appears to be that you got contact eventually but they got another monthly payment from you.

Tuning in
Message 20 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying for over a week to reduce my service as my contract was due to increase by 50% with mixed succes rate...

1st attempt: 15th May.. A lady then a man from India who wouldn't even give me a price, just an average figure. (This took 8 hours)

2nd attempt: 18th May..No reply

3rd attempt: 20th May... Spoke to 2 people in different departments then passed to a third with the usual "say 'yes' to continue"... Then nothing (2 hours)

4th to 9th attempts: 22nd May..No reply

10th attempt: 23rd May... No reply

11th attempt: 24th May... Spoke to 2 people (again) supposedly from the teams that would be able to help me only to be told that I'll again be passed to the right team and again type 'yes' if I want to continue...then...you guessed it!! Nothing for the last couple of hours...(3 hours total)

I am sick of this shocking service. I have been working during this whole lockdown period so don't have time to sit on the phone all day. Virgin have us all by the short and curlies with no where to go while taking our money.

0 Kudos