cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint: Two accounts and signed up for renewal against my wishes

hiace_drifter
On our wavelength

Please can someone help me - i spoke to the retention team via whatsapp as my contract ends in a month. They offered me M200 for a good price which I accepted, but after they signed me up, they then said it was actually M100 and it was too late to cancel. I repeatedly asked to cancel but they said I couldn't.

They also said I have two accounts which confuses me (I notice I had one account number on first bill, but then after I moved house mod contract I got a new account number).

Someone please help, this whatsapp chat has been going on for hours, and they have asked me my details 3 times.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hiace_drifter 

VM create a new account when you move home (the accounts are based on your address and not your name).

The original account should have been closed and any balance/contract transferred across to the one at the new property.

Unfortunately whatsapp and text messaging VM can take around 6 hours, sometimes even longer.

You would be better calling 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates), or freephone 0800 052 0422 option 4 (Thinking off leaving) It's best to call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You have 14 days to cancel any regrade and put you back on your old package, so they should be able do that for you, and then renegotiate a new deal

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Great, thank you.

I literally spent 7hrs on whatsapp today. If I phone 150 will I have to go through the whole saga again? Can anyone in a complaints team deal with it quicker?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @hiace_drifter 

Complaints take up to 30 days and they won't regrade or cancel the account, they will refer you back to the 150 number.

Also, unfortunately the Forum Team can't process package changes, regrades or cancellations 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali