cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

FFargo
Tuning in

Hello, My name is Fargo. I'm new to this forum.

I signed up to VM as a new customer on the 01/12/2022 and was given an install date of 29/12/2022, it was cancelled by them as was the next two installation dates in March 2023, finally they completed the installation on the 12/06/2023. VM have told me that I am only entitled to one payment of £26.24 for the first cancellation. I thought I was entitled to payment for three cancellations, can anyone advise me?

Also, I waited 165 days (29/12/2022 to 11/06/23) for VM to complete the install and VM have told me they do not pay compensation for Sundays, which equates to 24 Sundays. VM has calculated they owe me  £775.39 for 141 days. is this correct? Can someone advise me about non payment for Sundays and how much per day is the rate of compensation is?

Finally do I have to accept this compensation as a credit against future bills or can I ask VM to pay the amount into my bank account?

After speaking to VM i am totally frustrated and confused.

13 REPLIES 13

FFargo
Tuning in

I told VM that not paying compensation for Sundays is made-up nonsense by them.  VM told that they could not  adjust/increase  the amount of compensation they had already credited to my account because it was paid by Ofcom and not them. They said it was out of their hands.. After many phone calls and insisting my complaint be passed on to their senior management, eventually a senior manager phoned me and agreed to pay me what I had said was the correct compensation. Thanks to goslow who done the up to date rates and calculations for me I was able to present them with all the dates, amounts and rates pertaining  to my compensation claim. I finally received the correct amount of credit of £1034.25.  Once again a big thank you to goslow and to others who advised me

goslow thank you very much for your advice and calculation, without it I don't think I would have got VM to have paid out the correct amount of compensation. Thank you.

FFargo
Tuning in

My advice when dealing with VM customer services. Don't take NO for an answer.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@FFargo wrote:

My advice when dealing with VM customer services. Don't take NO for an answer.

Good advice, FFargo.

This is excellent news. Thanks for posting the outcome. It will offer encouragement to other customers in the future who are in the same situation when they read your post of the outcome. I think your credit is one of the larger amounts I can recall seeing on here by way of compensation. Well done for sticking with it and getting what you were owed.