Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Changing my package

I am looking to downgrade/change my package as my current deal has ended. How is it possible to do this when you can’t downgrade online and I can’t get through to anyone on the phone. My current package is costing me double now since my offers ended and I’m hoping to get this sorted asap

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my package

hi sorry to jump on your post i am also in need of downgradeing my package at this difficult time i need to save money please can you advise how i can do this as i can not get through on the phones thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Me too, in the same boat. Apparently I have to give a months notice but can’t on the website and I’ve been holding for half hour twice on the phone and then cut off both times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Me three! Thinking if I cancel my direct debit they'll be on the phone quick enough?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

they will not the next person you hear from with be the debt collectors and have a black mark on your credit file

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

definately need to, just realised they bumped up my charges to £82.50 and there are 2 mobile phone charges i don't even recognise. its difficult times but even so this is a rip off as i only ever use wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying for 9 days to downgrade. Tried absolutely everything possible (phone, chat, text) but not been able to get through. Totally understand why things are difficult for Virgin right now but I can't believe they couldn't put up some kind of downgrade/cancel option on the website. Even a simple form which says "fill in this so we have a record of you giving 30 days notice etc and we will process it when possible".

Unfortunately cancelling your direct debit will probably do more harm than good. Pay it if you can and then argue your case once Virgin's customer service returns.

I get the frustration (I could REALLY do with downgrading my contract right now) but I think we have to cut Virgin a little bit of slack at the moment. I suspect that they will offer forbearance once their CS team is back up and running. I'm no lawyer but if Virgin are uncontactable then it would seem to me that they cannot enforce the 30 day notice period, and I hope morally they wouldn't try to anyway. 

If they do then that is a different story and we will have to all fight our case but hopefully it won't come to that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looking to downgrade my package as it’s ending this month and to discuss the fact I’m still being heavily charged for stuff within my package as there has been no sports etc and my internet has been down continuously for months 

0 Kudos