Menu
Wolfie777
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change to contract

I started with virgin 12 months ago on a reduced rate for a year after which time the monthly rate would increase by approx £20. 3 months into the contract I noticed that I could get free landline calls and asked for this to be included. However I didn't notice at the time that the contract end date had been moved by 3 months. I have just had my monthly payment increased by £20 but in order to terminate my contract now I  will have to pay 3 months fees even though my original contract period has expired. This seems very unfair, does anyone else have any similar experience with Virgin?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change to contract

HI Wolfie777

I'm sorry to hear that the new contract wasn't explained to you at the time you took this out with VM when the upgraded phone package was added. 

Sadly there's not much you can do about this now. Call recordings are only held for 180 days and if the notes show that the offer was advised as a new 12 months contract, even if verbally this didn't happen that will be unable to be disputed now 😞

Additionally any contract changes you make are sent to you via email to the contact email you will have provided to VM when you joined and if you have not seen this then it may be worth checking that email address as it may be in your spam folder. 

Finally the contract update would have also displayed in My Virgin Media meaning that there have been two updates online both via email and your online account further confirming the contract change. 

If you've not checked in there within the 14 day cooling off period or since the change then it's going to be difficult to raise. 

That being said you have every right to log this as a complaint if you feel you were miss-sold a product.

You can find out how to raise this via the Complaints Code Of Practice

They can look at this on a case by case basis for you. 

Sorry I couldn't be much more help here 😞

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Wolfie777
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaz, Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation. It's what I thought really. Just wanted to get it off my chest. Needless to say I will be leaving vm like a scalded cat in August when there is no penalty to pay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wolfie

Worth logging the complaint and explaining that? 

They may be able to offer an earlier finish date as a compromise?

Bear in mind no matter when you are leaving you have to give them 30 days notice, so if your end date is August, contact them 30 days before the date you need to cancel by in July. 

With respect to final bills they produce after the cancellation, and bill as normal before the cancellation date, so don't be surprised if you for example, give notice on the 20th and then on the 1st have a bill produced for the full month in advance. This is normal. 

What happens then is once the cancellation processes, within 2-3 working days a final bill is produced that will refund any overcharges.

This is sent out to you by cheque if there has been an over-payment once the account has been closed for 35 days. The cheque is sent business class to the forwarding address if you need this sent elsewhere or have moved at the time. If you're in the same address then that will of course be sent there to you. 

So hopefully now you have a decent general overview of the cancellation process 🙂

Take care and have a lovely Easter weekend!

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos