cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Direct Debit Date

lucas_o0
Tuning in

Learnt the hard way that VM doesn't really want us to change DD dates the way the process is so difficult. There is no clear process on their website, they recommend texting to chat bot where changing DD date is not given as an option. Really disappointed in the experience I am getting especially when I called and had to deal with rude and unhelpful customer service.

Breathing exercise ...

Can someone please help me change my direct debit date?

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been struggling to change the Date your Direct Debit is taken, To change your Direct Debit date, text VM for free on 0753 305 1809, between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday.

Changing your Direct Debit date will also change the start date of your monthly package. This means the first bill you receive after moving your Direct Debit date may be higher than usual as we'll need to align you to your new billing cycles. Your subsequent bills will return to their normal amount after this.

Just so you know, we can only change your Direct Debit date on your existing bank details and your balance must be cleared before you can change your date. Also, you can only change your Direct Debit date twice in a 12 month period.

Unfortunately, if we've already finalised your bill for this month, you'll have to wait until we've taken this payment before you can change your date.

If you still aren't able too change this and you do need any further help, pleaser do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the help Paul.  I have not had any luck with the bot at the mobile number you gave me.  Just a snapshot of my experience, I have attached my ping pong with the bot.

change direct debit date
We just need to quickly check, is your query regarding your Broadband, TV and Home Phone services or about your Virgin Mobile service?
Please select one of the below 👇
1) Broadband TV and Home Phone Billing & Payments
2) Virgin Mobile Billing & Payments
I see you are contacting us via SMS. We want to offer you the best possible experience.
So you don’t have to sit around waiting for an advisor to become available, why don't you transfer to WhatsApp so you will know as soon as our adviser responds. This will allow you to get on with your day
Do you want to swap over to WhatsApp?
1) Yes
2) No
No problem!
Thanks {$botContext.slot.customer_name}. What can we help you with?
Please select an option below 👇
1) Price Rise ⬆️
2) Technical support 🔧
3) Billing/Payment queries 💷
4) Change my package 📑
5) Cancel my services 📄
6) Installations/Deliveries 🚚
7) Make a complaint 😞
8) Moving home 🏡
9) Something else ❓
You are looking to speak to us about your bill is that right?
1) Yes
2) No
I see you are contacting us via SMS. We want to offer you the best possible experience.
So you don’t have to sit around waiting for an advisor to become available, why don't you transfer to WhatsApp so you will know as soon as our adviser responds. This will allow you to get on with your day
1) Yes
2) No
No problem!
1) Price Rise ⬆️
2) Technical support 🔧
4) Change my package 📑
5) Cancel my services 📄
7) Make a complaint 😞
8) Moving home 🏡
9) Something else ❓
1) Yes
2) No
So we can help you as quickly as we can I need to know a bit more about the issue you are having
1) Yes
2) No
No problem!
1) Price Rise ⬆️
2) Technical support 🔧
4) Change my package 📑
5) Cancel my services 📄
7) Make a complaint 😞
8) Moving home 🏡
9) Something else ❓
1) Yes
2) No
So we can help you as quickly as we can I need to know a bit more about the issue you are having
1) Yes
2) No
Hi, it's Virgin Media. Here is your link to our online help and support: www.virginmedia.com/help?tid=615387516883&utm_source=ivr&utm_medium=cc
9:04 AM
Hi, it's Virgin Media. Here is your link to our online help and support: www.virginmedia.com/help?tid=615387517654&utm_source=ivr&utm_medium=cc
Hi, it's Virgin Media. Here is your link to our online help and support: www.virginmedia.com/help?tid=615387518060&utm_source=ivr&utm_medium=cc
9:11 AM

Hi Lucas,

I will be happy to help further, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul.

I have responded to your DM.