cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register virgin media account

cookie81
Tuning in

Hi,

My tv and broadband package was installed last week and is working well.

However, I can't register an account either online or via the 'My Virgin Media' app. When it comes to creating a password, I'm told i can't use my choice of password despite it meeting all of the criteria. 

Help! 

Thanks in advance for your help

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @cookie81,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues trying to register your online account with us. 

Have you entered a password that is 8 characters long and only alphanumeric characters? 

Have you tried to use an alternative password to see if you get the same issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

Yes I've tried a couple of different passwords. All of them have met all of the criteria and are deemed to be strong. However none of them have worked

Thanks for coming back to us @cookie81.

I would be happy to look into this from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @cookie81.

I have tried to resolve this myself but have been unable to, I have raised this with our IT support team and this can take up to 5 working days to be resolved but is often done sooner than that. I will be in touch with you as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

OK thanks Steven (and apologies for the incorrect spelling on the last message)

Hey @cookie81,

The team have advised that the issue has now been resolved, please can you try to register your account again and let me know if you have any further issues.

And no problems about the spelling, I have been called worse ha ha.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same issue. I've tried a few different passwords of different lengths etc, but no luck.

Thanks for coming back to me @cookie81.

I will try to raise this from my end now and let you know what happens.

Regards,

Steven_L