cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register for account

Mn3
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Mn3_0-1653147111864.png

34 REPLIES 34

Hey ruthbrick, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I am sorry to see you cannot register for an account holder.

I will attach some tips for setting a password up; 

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Please let me know you get on. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Jamie91
Joining in

Hello Support team,

I am having the same issue here. Constantly trying different methods to register my account. I can confirm my service is up and running.
Can you please help me?

Best regards,
Jamie

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jamie91, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to register your account.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your private message @Jamie91,

Pleased to hear this is now resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

same issue for me. cannot register account, did everything. tried different browsers, always says password cannot be used, even though ti meets all of their critieria and more. I hav ewasted over 6 weeks trying to make this work. i call and wait in call center quesus for ages, they say they will raise  a ticket, give me a number, and every time i call they say no idea and raise another ticket. unbelievable. 

Oscar221
On our wavelength

I'm having exactly the same problem, @Mn3. I've been a Virgin customer forever though. Currently also locked out of my virgin.net email as well ... not impressed.  The 'not accepting a password' issue seems to be a thing, though. How did you resolve it because I can't find any actual answer on this forum?

Thanks,

Oscar 221

Oscar221
On our wavelength

Virgin Media Moderators,

Why is this such a problem at your end?  Clearly lots of people have problems setting up a password on their My Virgin Media account (and I'm having exactly the same problem too). When I got through to a person on your helpline today (see other frustrated post by me) the person just put the phone down on me after asking some weird security questions.

What can't you just post clear and helpful instructions as to what to do AND increase the number of people who actually staff your helplines?

Oscar221

Hi Oscar221

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having an issue with this my Virgin Media online account password. Can you confirm; 

• 8-64 characters
  • Letters and numbers
  • Uppercase character (min 1)
  • No special characters

If so, can you clear cache/cookies and also any auto-fill passwords. Let us know if that fixes the issue. I am also sorry to hear of the call terminating today, that wouldn't have been intentional.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Oscar221
On our wavelength

Dear @John_GS,

I have tried everything you say here. This is what I get whatever I do. Please can you suggest what next.  I can't create a VM account and (as posted elsewhere) have been locked out of my virgin.net email since 15/09/22. Thanks.

Oscar221_0-1666717649180.png

Thanks for trying this @Oscar221, I'm sorry to see that this has not worked after trying the steps that were suggested.

This may need raising to our support team so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules