cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register for account

Mn3
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Mn3_0-1653147111864.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Mn3, thank you for getting back to us with an update and sorry to hear this still. 

However to worry we can get this looked into for you, please confirm if your service is active with us yet or not?

Sometimes when your first Virgin Media depending on when your service is due to be active you may not be able to make an online account until nearer this time. Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mn3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues when setting up your My Virgin Media online account. Have you also tried clearing your cache and cookies on the device you're attempting to register on to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

yes ive tried and the same thing happens

Thank you for getting back to us @Mn3

Can you also try following this criteria for your password;

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Can you try this on another browser and try not to use Chrome. Let me know how you get on and we'll investigate further. We are aware of an issues affecting some customer ability to create a password to register for an account and have found that these criteria has worked some customers.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Nope still the same issue

Hey @Mn3, thank you for getting back to us with an update and sorry to hear this still. 

However to worry we can get this looked into for you, please confirm if your service is active with us yet or not?

Sometimes when your first Virgin Media depending on when your service is due to be active you may not be able to make an online account until nearer this time. Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes it is

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Mn3,

Welcome back to the community.

To investigate this I've sent you a PM, check this via the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

I have the same exact issue. Can you just post what the solution is? I've also tried everything you suggested and yes, I am active customer. 

Hi liligarcia

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you are also having this issue with registering an account with us. 

Can you try using this link to register and also make sure you're following the criteria listed below for your password;

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Please advise what browser you are using and if possible, can you try on another browser other than Chrome. Let me know how you get on and we'll investigate further. We are aware of an issues affecting some customer ability to create a password to register for an account and have found that these criteria has worked some customers.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley