cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify account email address - receiving 'Sorry we have a problem'

Justice66
Joining in

Hello,

You've either just set up a new My Virgin Media account or updated your existing username.

Please now confirm your username by clicking on the link below:
Confirm My Username

If this link doesn't work, copy and paste the long link below into the address bar at the top of your web browser window and press enter

etcetc

=---=

The above came after registering the account
When clicking on the Confirmation link it gives an error

Oops!

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

You may have already confirmed this username or requested a new one.

You can change your details at any time by visiting the My Profile area in My Virgin Media.

=--=======

I have tried to get Virgin on the phone but after about six attempts at this they never are able to help. They keep telling me the mail will arrive and I tell them it already did, it doesn't work. Then it's 'the system is probably down for maintenance'

In summary I cannot login /use the account

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Justice66,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that your unable to confirm your verification email to register for an online account.

From the statement above it seems that you have already verified your email address, have you tried to register for an online account using a different device and web browser? Also, clearing all cookies, caches and history may help.

If this does not work, we will happily send another verification link to you and help you with your registration.

Can we also confirm that you have been fully installed and have an active account?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Good day

Not quite correct;  what I am illustrating is that I receive the link yet it cannot confirm as I get the error

Oops!

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

You may have already confirmed this username or requested a new one.

You can change your details at any time by visiting the My Profile area in My Virgin Media.

-=-=-
No matter how many times I try, it continues to do this
Initially I presumed it was as they said 'site maintenance' or as it read, a technical error and would be temporary
Yet it's been this way for quite a while now

Hi Justice66,

Apologies for the confusion. I will be more than happy to take a look at what is happening for you and see if you are able to confirm the verification email from our end. I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this checked for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.