cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset email linked to account

rellio
Joining in

Hi,

I ordered a broadband package to the incorrect home address by accident. This was under account number A. I registered this account under my main email address. I phoned up to amend my home address and I had to cancel that package, and set up a new one for the correct address. I set up the new account (number B) under the same email address, under the impression that the old one was deleted. I was able to use the same email address, and because there was no barrier preventing this I was working on the assumption that this was okay.

When I sign into my VM online or on the app, it automatically puts me to the now-defunct account A. I have tried to reassign this to a different email. I was sent an email with a verification link. This link expired immediately, and I cannot make another attempt because it says I have already tried to change the email. I cannot log into the account number B (the correct, active account) to change the email address on this one.

In short, I cannot access my active account. There is no clear way for me to be able to do this.

I have attempted to raise this as a complaint and VM's customer service team is so hard to contact and the service is so poor that I have not been able to even do this. I have had nothing but immensely stressful encounters with Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media throughout my time using their services and it has legitimately given me anxiety issues. I have now had to make ANOTHER account to post this on their forum. It's ridiculous!! Why can't everything be consolidated under the same account, like basically every other company? Why is it even possible to have two account numbers linked to one email? Why can't you log in using your account number instead of your email? Every other company I have ever signed up to says something along the lines of "there is already an account registered to this email". Has nobody at VM considered implementing this?

Please help me rectify this issue. I am sick to death of dealing with this ridiculous company, and at this point I am mentally exhausted.

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rellio 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your account.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more details and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs