cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register in the Virgin Media website - how to pay my bill?

kristinay966
Tuning in

Hello everyone, I am experiencing a weird issue.

I got my Virgin Media internet installed on 1st of February. I received an email with the estimated amount of my first bill that was supposed to be on 3rd of February. The money are not withdrawn from my bank account yet and I wonder why? 

When I try to register in the Virgin Media's website through my computer and I fill the account holder's last name; my account number and my area reference and I click on the option "I am not a robot" and I try and proceed it says "Please enter a valid captcha"??? 

When I try to register from my phone it says that I need to confirm my email and that they have sent me an email with verification link, this email either doesn't arrive at all or sometimes it arrives a lot later and when I click on "verify my email" it says the link is expired. Very weird, I am not really sure how to register as there seems to be a problem with the website itself, and I cannot pay my bill? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

kristinay966
Tuning in

I have finally managed to register, but it is still not clear to me why the first month's charge is still not taken from my bank account - it says this would happen automatically through Direct Debit, which in my bank app says it is set up with Virgin media and everything seems alright. Am I missing something? 

Hello kristinay966

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your Virgin Media account, bills and payments, we appreciate you making us aware of this.

We're pleased to hear you've been able to register for your online account, there can be a delay with all of the details updating to allow this registration following the installation and activation of the services.

Although the bill may have been produced on a certain date (in this instance the 3rd February)  the actual Direct Debit and funds won't be requested from your bank for another 10 working days. In this instance, as we don't take payments at weekends this should look to leave your bank around the 21st of the month.

Rob

Thank you very much, Rob, you have been very helpful, I appreciate it!

More than happy to help kristinay966, if you do have any issues or any questions going forward please don't hesitate to get in touch here and we'll be happy provide as much assistance as possible. 

Have a great weejend.

Rob