cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register a My Virgin Media account

Paul_LFC
On our wavelength

Hi,

On Friday I signed up for a Virgin Media package, and on Saturday I was sent my contract and account information through via email.

I went to register a My Virgin Media account on the https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register page, but when I enter my email address, I just get a message that "We're sorry to see you go. Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media." I have no option to continue with registering an account. I've tried clearing cookies and retrying registration, and also tried a different browser and device, but the error message re-appears.

On occasion this message is instead replaced with a message that says "Oops, we've ran into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)".

We had service with VM in the past using this same email address, so this appears to be the cause of the error, but I don't know how to proceed.

I tried resetting the password to see if the old account still existed, but the email address wasn't recognised by the forgotten password page.

From other threads I've seen regarding this error, it seems this may require some tinkering on VM's side to resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19

Hi there @Paul_LFC, thanks for your post on this thread.

I'd love to help however I can see this is currently being looked at by one of the team on here already so it would be best to await an update from then once they have one.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Paul_LFC
On our wavelength

A month later, I am no closer to a resolution and starting to wonder whether anything is actually being done about this problem.

Three separate calls have been raised for the IT team to supposedly resolve this issue, but no solution has been attempted (that I have been made aware of), and there appears to be no service level agreement times that this team are expected to resolve or escalate issues within - hence why we are here a month later and nothing has been done.

I was told over a week ago now that my issue had been raised at "management level" in the IT team, at which point I did hope something might be done - but I have yet to hear a single thing from any managers.

I struggle to understand, if when another customer reported experiencing the same issue in this thread and their problem was solved in one day, why this is taking so long to resolve for me. What is the difference here?

Hi @Paul_LFC,

I am so sorry that you've been facing these ongoing issues with your My Virgin Media online account. If the IT team have been made aware of the problem then I assure you that we'll be doing all that we can to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Paul_LFC
On our wavelength

Hi Zach,

What is Virgin Media's SLA time for IT issues?

This issue doesn't just affect myself - just on the first page of this section I can see at least two others with the exact same problem. It's been reported for a month at the very least, if not longer. It doesn't seem acceptable for it to have taken this long with no transparency as to what the hold up is and what the actual problem is being caused by.

I request that this is escalated to a higher priority, as it is affecting multiple users and needs to be corrected. After a month we are no closer, so clearly this needs to be investigated with more urgency than it is currently being.

I appreciate the frustration over the delay in resolving the issues surrounding creating and registering for an online account at this time. I can assure you our IT teams are working towards a resolution. When we have any further updates, we will be sure to let you know. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have the same issue but it was not allowing me to log on before I moved across to another account this has been going on for months and no time frame offered to fix it for a comms company this is ridiculous  and extremely frustrating think I have racked up 10 hours either on web chat or phone to supposed tech team to be given same half baked excuses and no fix.

Hi JethroPooly,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your online account. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to try on different web browsers? And cleared your cookies and cache?

^Martin

Yes

I have tried on

three separate laptops

five browsers in total (three I have never logged onto virginmedia website before so cookies/cache could not exist)

cleared cache

tried incognito

one mobile phone

Hello

I'm having exactly the same issue. Very frustrating!

Hi @rpk3314

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the online account registration issue. Can you advise further on the error message you're getting please so we can assist?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill