cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Virgin

Poface
Tuning in

I cancelled virgin and had a cancellation date of the 21st of Feb. 

Against my better judgement I accepted a call from the sales people and spoke to them and was offered a package the same as the one I am leaving for so I accepted it.

Once the contract details came through it was apparent that not only did the salesman without some information but he also blatantly lied to me about the package and the costs.

Now I am being ignored by customer support.

Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to cancel when nobody will speak to me

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Poface 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your cancellation.

Have you contacted our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111? What has been advised by the team?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I cant speak to anyone as I have trouble understanding them due to their accents and find they just read off a script and don't really listen to what you say.

So I tried the Wassap option but have been trying for a day and a half now and have not been connected to a real person yet. I just keeps me waiting then periodically asks me if I still need to speak to someone and resets itself so I have to go through it again with the bot and then wait again.

Im sure that when the Direct Debit is cancelled they will find a way to contact me

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Poface wrote:

I cant speak to anyone as I have trouble understanding them due to their accents and find they just read off a script and don't really listen to what you say.

Im sure that when the Direct Debit is cancelled they will find a way to contact me

I can assure you they won't.  Your account will simply be processed as late payment, then defaulted, VM will add late payment charges and then pass the debt to scumbag debt collectors (and they will contact you), and VM will also notify credit reference agencies that you are a defaulter, which will mess up your credit history for the next six years.  That'll be visible to service suppliers, lenders, landlords or mortgage providers, even employers.  

I agree VM's attempts to make cancelling difficult are unfair (and they're a breach of regulations), but rather than trying to engage with the imbeciles VM have on the end of the telephone, give your 30 days notice of cancellation by post, using recorded delivery.  Address at section M of the terms and conditions.  Don't expect any confirmation, VM aren't that civilised.  As a 14 day cooling off period reverts to any previous status of contract, exercising your cooling off rights should also put you back into your notice period, make sure the letter is clear on that, and that the previous cancellation and contract end date are to be reinstated.  VM aren't very good at basic account admin so keep it simple and precise.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Poface, 

I am sorry to hear of your experience with the WhatsApp service. 

I am afraid cancelling the direct debit would not trigger a cancellation of the account but could result in your credit file being impacted and this is not what we would want. 

More information on how to cancel the service and the address to write to can be found here

Thank you, 

Nat