cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled BB account via online chat, VERY confused by outcome.

AntRWells
On our wavelength

I received a email from virgin stating prices are increasing, and I could cancel my contract without a cancellation fee, so I took them up on this offer, and via a online chat on the virgin site, this was agreed on.

But since then I have not received any confirmation email, and checking my account, it says the exact opposite has happened, that today 31/1/2023 I have ordered a broadband product. I already am on 500Mb speed internet, and this is the product I Really need to cancel for a variety of reasons including the price increase.

I'm not sure what to do next, can someone from Virgin here help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AntRWells wrote:

No, it seemed to be done as I wanted so I saw no need. I haven't received an email regarding either possibility either. Quite confused. To confirm the intent, the operator even said I will receive a return kit to return my virgin equipment, so there was no confusion during the chat.

Best outcome you might get, one of the VM forum team replies on here, agrees to investigate and processes your cancellation.

Alternative outcome, the VM forum team tells you they can't process cancellations on here and you have to repeat the process.

One of the (seemingly) more reliable methods which gets reported on here for cancelling is actually writing in to VM, using a signed for service, with your instruction to cancel. As per all aspects to do with VM though, YMMV.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AntRWells wrote:

I received a email from virgin stating prices are increasing, and I could cancel my contract without a cancellation fee, so I took them up on this offer, and via a online chat on the virgin site, this was agreed on.

But since then I have not received any confirmation email, and checking my account, it says the exact opposite has happened, that today 31/1/2023 I have ordered a broadband product. I already am on 500Mb speed internet, and this is the product I Really need to cancel for a variety of reasons including the price increase.

I'm not sure what to do next, can someone from Virgin here help please?

It is surprising how often it is reported on here that a customer's request to cancel VM services is processed by VM as a request to renew VM services. Since the two things are polar opposites, it is hard to see how/why this could possibly happen.

Did you save the chat log with your instruction to cancel and confirmation/agreement to do so etc. etc.?

AntRWells
On our wavelength

No, it seemed to be done as I wanted so I saw no need. I haven't received an email regarding either possibility either. Quite confused. To confirm the intent, the operator even said I will receive a return kit to return my virgin equipment, so there was no confusion during the chat.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AntRWells wrote:

Best outcome you might get, one of the VM forum team replies on here, agrees to investigate and processes your cancellation.

Alternative outcome, the VM forum team tells you they can't process cancellations on here and you have to repeat the process.

One of the (seemingly) more reliable methods which gets reported on here for cancelling is actually writing in to VM, using a signed for service, with your instruction to cancel. As per all aspects to do with VM though, YMMV.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days.

AntRWells
On our wavelength

Ok thanks for your advice. It's bizarre really, as you said it's the polar opposite of what we chatted about. I remember the operator's username if that would help them determine what went wrong.

AntRWells
On our wavelength

Oh, well I just received a cancellation confirmation email. I'm still confused why my account shows me ordering. Could it be a generic order to signal the cancellation do you think?

Thanks for your help anyway, sorry for the confusion.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AntRWells wrote:

Oh, well I just received a cancellation confirmation email. I'm still confused why my account shows me ordering. Could it be a generic order to signal the cancellation do you think?

Thanks for your help anyway, sorry for the confusion.

Yes, you could well see an 'order' in 'My Virgin Media' which is for your cancellation.

Wait until the VM forum team get here and they should at least be able to confirm your cancellation and put your mind at rest.

AntRWells
On our wavelength

Ok then, thanks for your help, I'll await staff.

Hi AntRWells,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your cancellation looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some confusion! From what you've mentioned in your previous posts I can certainly appreciate why. 

We don't handle cancellations here on the forums, so I'm just going to add this link for anyone else viewing this thread who might be looking for advice on how to cancel 👉 Cancelling Virgin Media

However, with that being said I can still investigate what has happened and resolve any issue that has arisen, so I'll pop over a PM now so we can have a chat 🙂

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi AntRWells,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I was able to confirm the information about your cancellation 🙂

I am sorry to see you leave us as you seem like a really lovely person, but I totally understand that a change is needed sometimes. 

So I wish you all the best with your new ventures and I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Thanks,

Megan_L