Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hello  VM Moderator and Community,

I am having problems trying to cancel my broadband & phone contract via the phone which was advised by the sales representative at the time when I signed up with the package last year.  

Firstly, I called up a week prior to the 30 days notice period and if I was to give notice on the day, an early cancellation notice fee would have been applied.  The CS (customer service rep) told me to call back on the 1st March 2020.  This would have been the day that falls in line within the 30 days notice.  

Unfortunately, a recorded message repeatedly says "the lines are extremely busy and are unable to take any calls.  Best to call back tomorrow morning from 8am.  I made the call at 8am sharp this morning and a couple of calls thereafter.  Same recorded message.  However, if I call tomorrow (Mon 2nd Mar) this would effectively be a day late!

I hereby, write as a formal notice of cancellation of my broadband and phone services.  My contract finishes as of the 30th March 2020.  I just want to keep this as a record of my intention to cancel which complies within the 30 days notice, should in any case this raises any arguments going forward.

Very lost and frustrated.

Many thanks for your kind attention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Hi Loops2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome , I am sorry you haven't been able to speak to our customer relations team.

I am sorry we do not deal with disconnecting accounts you will need to contact the customer relations team, you can contact them on 0345 454 1111 options 1,4 

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Ta!  Many thanks for reaching out and replying ever so promptly Paul.  Although the issue cannot be resolved you have been very helpful.

It is a real shame the customer service team you have to dial into on that number is just SO difficult to work with.  10 out of 10 times my questions are left unanswered.

0 Kudos