cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation problem

ZoeSerina
Joining in

I had a conversation via WhatsApp regarding cancelling, I thought it went through ok however the next day I had an email telling me my package had been downgraded and what my new bill would be, I then rang Virgin to confirm I had cancelled. One person told me it hasn't been cancelled and transferred me, another person told me it's been disconnected and hung up! I then emailed a complaint asking for confirmation of my cancellation and all it says is, resolution is package change!! I don't know what else I can do to confirm it's been cancelled. I've logged into my account and it's also saying there's a package downgrade. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ZoeSerina, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're wanting to leave us and have had issues when trying to cancel. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ZoeSerina, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I've glad I was able to put your mind at rest. 

If you have any further queries or questions then please just let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Sorry to have to ask again but sky has now been set up, the landline is working fine. However I've not had any notification of Virgin being cancelled. My account still has the same package. When is it going to be cancelled. I'm so worried I'm going to get charged for another month. Could you please check that it's definitely been cancelled.

Kind regards 

Zoe

Zoe

When did you originally call up and request a cancellation? VM can be somewhat negligent in sending proper notification that this has been actioned however it appears from Kath’s post above that she was able to contact you and ‘reassure’ you that the disconnection was put in place, no?

What I would strongly suggest is that you DO NOT cancel any direct debit and if VM were to actually not have processed the disconnection and continue to take money from you, then, you first raise a formal complaint, which will probably be ignored and or fobbed off, and then escalate it to the industry arbitration service. In your submission to them, you need to give a full timeline on events. If it subsequently turns out that VM have failed to act on this (even though a VM employee seem to have publicly admitted that a disconnection request had been received), then the adjudicator will almost certainly order VM to refund any monies owing to you, and in addition, I would, in your position, request a sum of at least £100 in compensation for the inconvenience and VM’s failure abide by the OFCOM regulations and code of conduct that they signed up to.

aly 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM can be somewhat negligent in sending proper notification that this has been actioned

Somewhat negligent?  How about intentionally incompetent?  Or maybe just "couldn't give a tish"?  When I cancelled a couple of months back I got zero confirmation.  Nada.  No "thanks for being a customer for over a quarter of a century and paying us over fifteen thousand quid", no "we confirm we've received your cancellation request, and your last day of service will be XXXX", no "here's a detailed final statement, we hope we'll be able to serve you again in future".  Even the billing information and next bill alerts were worrying, inaccurate and confusing.  In actual fact, my account was closed on time, the last bill was correct (although I'm still waiting for my ten quid credit balance), and I'm now happily VM-free.

The only evidence that I'd cancelled were the significant number of retentions and "research" calls, with five of these on my last day of service.  You'd need to be a very special sort of company to behave like this, a Virgin Media sort of company.

Hi @ZoeSerina thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you've had no update around your disconnection.  I can see my colleague is liaising with you.  I will leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R