cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel tv package

Wittonian
Joining in

I have broadband and the MIX TV package. I rarely use the Tivo box as I watch Freeview via an aerial.

Can I just cancel my tv package and keep my broadband, landline and calls anytime.

To check what I would receive could I test by turning off or disconnecting the tivo box.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wittonian, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

If you did wish to have the broadband and phone line you can certainly have the TV service removed. However, if you have any discounts active on the account these may be lost. This is due to promotional discounts being linked to all services.

It would be best to pop the retentions team a call on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from any Virgin phone and use options 1-4-2. The team can then check to see if it would be cheaper for you or not if this service is removed.

Let us know how you get on with the team, if you need any further help, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wittonian, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

If you did wish to have the broadband and phone line you can certainly have the TV service removed. However, if you have any discounts active on the account these may be lost. This is due to promotional discounts being linked to all services.

It would be best to pop the retentions team a call on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from any Virgin phone and use options 1-4-2. The team can then check to see if it would be cheaper for you or not if this service is removed.

Let us know how you get on with the team, if you need any further help, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Could 

Many thanks for your response.

If I disconnected the Tivo box or just turned it off would that enable me to see what would be available to me with the TV package. Would just like to check.

Thanks.

Should read "without the TV package".

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wittonian wrote:

Should read "without the TV package".

If you don't have a TV package you won't be able to receive any TV channels via VM - you would need to use your existing rooftop.indoor terrestrial aerial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I view Freeview now through my aerial do I don’t need a tv package. All I think I need is a Freeview recorder to record programmes to view later.

I also have a Firestick.

Thanks.