cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my VM account via this forum?

psychospider
Tuning in

I have TV broadband and home phone, and I want to cancel due to prise hikes and getting a much better deal elsewhere.

I've tried calling, I was on hold for 3 hours, and then hung up on. I've tried again and was on hold for well over an hour before I needed to go out 

I can't use WhatsApp, so can only phone, but I get extremely panicky on the phone, and waiting so long causes anxiety, which is more annoying if no one actually answers

So I'm hoping I can cancel via this forum instead, as theres no other way to do it. Ridiculous that you can upgrade via an app, but can't give your intent to cancel without using a phone line that is clearly overworked and understaffed

2 REPLIES 2

banhamm
Up to speed

You won't be able to cancel on the forum, this is mostly other VM users who can offer help and advice - the VM staff moderators chip in occasionally but I would suggest trying online help or the WhatsApp chat bot which will (eventually) put you through to a person at the other end of the chat. there is a mobile number for this +44 7305 327112 although if i am not meant to give this number out a moderator will redact it very quickly.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @psychospider 

I'm afraid the forum staff don't have access to the cancellation or regrade systems.

The info and contact number given by @banhamm is correct.

Please try the online cancellation route (screenshot below)  where you can either cancel or negotiate a new deal with them.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

You can also cancel using the good old fashioned Royal Mail. If writing include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

online cancellationonline cancellation

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali