Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calls for someone else

I keep getting calls chasing for someone else's debt/account. the account isn't in my name and never has been, so I just wanted the calls to stop. Im not in contact with the person anymore so I am unable to get this number removed or changed. I would just like this removed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls for someone else

Consider discussing the matter with Citizens Advice whilst waiting for the forum team however be aware it can take them a few day / hours to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ell18xo, welcome to the forums. 

We are sorry for the experience which you have been having with the calls you have been receiving. Can you confirm if this is a Mobile or Media account and whether this is calls to the Mobile or landline? If these are the latest contact details which we have for the account holder, this is what we would use to get in touch. 

Can you confirm if the calls are from Virgin Media or from a third party debt recovery agency? Have you received anything in the post? What has been advised on the call when you said this was not your account? 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s for a WiFi account and its calls to my mobile, virgin media and no because the account is not for me, I don’t have an account with Virgin ? It Was an automated message and asks for someone I’ve not heard of before , when I say no this isn’t my account  the automated message just asks for me to get them to call them immediately, I just wanted my number removing from your records ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ell18xo,

Thank you for confirming these details. We are sorry to hear this has happened and we would like to assist you in getting this sorted, before we do proceed are you able to confirm the number you have been getting the calls from so we can see if it has come directly from us or a 3rd party company?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis, it was for 0800 052 2170

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ell18xo,

This does appear to be one of our numbers, so we would like to have a further look into things to see if we can help you further with this. This will require a private message so we can discuss this in further detail. I will follow up right away,

Louis

0 Kudos