cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call out charge without notice

shelby77
Joining in

After 3 weeks with no service an engineer finally came out and replaced a faulty box, just received my bill and I’ve got a 25 pounds call out charge!!!! Surely they can’t charge you to fix a faulty box especially without telling you there is a charge!!!! 
I’ve also been charged 6pounds  for a late fee when I pay by direct debit and never missed a payment in over 10 years!!! 
poor service virgin media!! 

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Wow.  If you've had no service at all, they owe you £8.40 a day, so around £170, and instead they're charging you for fixing their broken kit, and charging you for failings of their new payments system that has repeatedly marked direct debit customers as "overdue".  So glad I'm no longer a customer.

Usually the helpful forum staff can sort this out without you having to deal with the poor quality offshore mumblers, although don't expect any credible goodwill offer for the company's multiple failings - VM's policy on goodwill payments is laughable.

If they can't sort all of those three things out, or you think you're due more compensation then make a formal complaint to VM in writing and sent by recorded post. VM's complaint handling is to the company's universal standard of excellence, so start on the assumption that it will be fobbed off or ignored, and you should read and follow the guidance from Ombudsman Services to take the complaint to adjudication.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shelby77 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised surrounding the call out charge received.

Usually, there should only be a callout charge when it is a non-faults based visit, so it's unclear why this has happened for you and the late payment fee seems off the face of it, incorrect too if you've never missed a payment.

Please expect a PM from me so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W