cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cacelled broadband and still billed.

S34n
Joining in

Hi all,

On April 18th, I asked (via webchat) for my Broadband account to be cancelled, I had been given my notice at work, had to look for more employment, although leaving Virgin wasn't what I wanted to do, it was somewhat of a relief that I wouldn't have to look for the extra money each week.

I used the Optout2023 letter that Virgin had sent me prior.

The lady I was speaking to said that there was a 30 Day notice period and that 'was it my final request' (she had previously spent 20 or so minutes trying to sell me cheaper deals)

I replied "yes, it's my final option"

She said (I have screenshots)

"Your request has now been completed. A final bill will be produced once your services have been disconnected, a refund will be processed within 45 days of the discconection date. Your disconnection date is 18th May."

Well, I got my bill in today, to be paid by 14th June however, when I clicked in to my account, I still have an active contract with Virgin and it says 7 months remaining.

I called my wife (I am at work) and she had plugged the Virgin router back in (was all boxed up nice) and the Broadband is still active and running.

I understand about the 'final biill' part... but how am I suppose to get my account disconnected and confirmed it is disconnected.

Any suggestions please ?

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @S34n 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you have been having issues related to your virgin Media account and billing. In order to assist you in resolving this, we would need to bring you into a private message where we can look into this. 

Please be on the lookout for a message in your envelope on the top right screen of your browser, if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @S34n 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us when you did. Glad we got your issue resolved, if ever you need us in the future, please reach out.

All the best & 🤞.

Sabrina