Menu
Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CAN'T LOG IN TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA

I can't log in to My Virgin Media. I've just had the ultimate Oomph bundle installed. I was previously a Virgin Media customer and my email is linking to my old account instead of my new one with a different customer number. When I try to sign in I get the message "Your user name and password is not recognised" (because it's linked to an expired account). I tried to register but then I get the message "This user name is already in use" (yeah, it is because it's still linked to my old account). Eventually managed to speak to three different people on the phone but it's still not working.

I need someone from VM to deactivate my user name i.e. email address from my old account and assign it to my new account.

I've tried asking VM on Facebook and Twitter but they can't help. VM have sent me emails asking me to sign up/register to My Virgin Media and I'm constantly being told when on hold on the the phone that I can find the answer to my question online, bit difficult when I can't access My Virgin Media.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CAN'T LOG IN TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA

Hi Hayze, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting your new VM account set up. 

As the username is already in use, we will need to do a move and transfer from your old account if you wish to use the same email address. 

To do this we will need to pass data protection so I have sent you a private message requesting some information from you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayze
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CAN'T LOG IN TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA

Hi Kath

Not sure if you're still on shift? Got your PMs and replied but still trying to resolve my issue.

Can you contact me please?

Many thanks

0 Kudos