cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken external brown box

Twohats
Joining in

Hi our brown box on the outside has been damaged and blown away due to the storm. all the wires are exposed . I tried calling customer services but they said I need to pay a call out charge for them to fix which I wasn't happy about. is it normal for them to charge to fix the outside box?274043622_10158424054456053_1644914199070472660_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Twohats

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear the storm has damaged the box!

We wouldn't charge you for that call out visit, I am sorry you have been wrongly advised.

I will pop you a private message so I can get an engineer visit sorted for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Twohats 

It sounds like the agent has misinformed you regarding the call out charge..

A member of the Forum team should pick this up for you in a day or two and arrange a repair.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the reply i was sure he must have been wrong but he wouldn't listen and just kept saying i had to pay. hopefully one of the team members picks this up as i dont fancy phoning them again as it took forever to get through the last time.

Hi @Twohats

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear the storm has damaged the box!

We wouldn't charge you for that call out visit, I am sorry you have been wrongly advised.

I will pop you a private message so I can get an engineer visit sorted for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Twohats

Thanks for confirming your details via private message.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this here virg.in/myVM  and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Vikki - Forum Team

tcrofts
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new property and got set up with a great broadband deal with Virgin. However, I have discovered that the external brown box is in a very bad state. Is there something that can be done about this?

20220613_144902.jpg

Many thanks

Hi @tcrofts,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Thank you for flagging your brown box to us. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. I have sent you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem @tcrofts Glad to have been able to help with this.

Please do let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. I have the same issue. My brown box has disappeared (I don't know when it has been missing from) and all the wires look damaged. Can I get someone round to get this fixed and covered please? Thank you!

Hi Agt,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly arranged an engineer to attend to get your omni box replaced for you.

I will pop you over a private message and get this arranged for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.