Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband upgrade

I would like to upgrade my broadband however it says on the site to call for emergencies only as understandably you are busy.  I have tried 3 times via chat to upgrade but have had no response. Please can someone help as with Skype/Internet/Games console my Internet is grinding to a halt... Need a boost of speed to keep going for the next several weeks.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband upgrade

gaming uses very little speed. if you are getting speed problems upgrading will not help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When 3 children are playing on the NT Switch, and 2 others are either what's apping or facetiming!/playing games it really is noticible. 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

your other option is your own router that supports QOS you could manage the bandwidth. gaming as said takes very little so if you could give priority to the games 200kbps traffic you should be fine

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im trying to upgrade online (as advised) but I keep getting "Oops something went wrong".  Anyone else getting this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just waited on the phone for 1hr 37 mins to get cut off...so I cant get hold of anyone...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

online Re: Broadband upgrade

Are there any Customer Services here.  I have called last night (on hold for ove ran hour) and also this morning.  I listen to about 40 mins of music and then the line goes dead.  I appreciate this is a crazy time at the moment but as I cannot upgrade online ("oops something went wrong error" I need to call.  Please can a Vm rep help me.

0 Kudos