Menu
Highlighted
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Router Return Issue

Hello,

My account with Virgin ended on the 19th of August because I have moved home from University and now live with my parents. I returned my broadband on the 20th of August, and have the receipt that allowed me to track it, and it said it was returned. My account has been officially closed from the first of September, however, I just received a text from Virgin saying I need to return my kit to them. Is this a standard text that goes out after closing your account or was there something wrong? Just asking in case I need to ring up with my proof of postage!

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Router Return Issue

Hi Roestudent, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response here.

I'm also sorry for any delay logging your equipment as returned at our end. I've seen a few instances recently where this is taking longer than it should - which obviously causes some concern when automated messages are received about incurring charges. 

Rest assured any fee's that may be added to the account will be removed as soon as the kit gets scanned in. If you're concerned about payments being taken in the meantime feel free to cancel your Direct Debit to prevent that happening. 

We ask you allow up to 28 days from the kit being returned, so if you continue to receive messages about this after 17/09/19 please give us another shout so we can investigate further.

Tom 

Corinne1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just had the same issue - taken to collect plus on 23rd august and had texts and emails from Virgin Media saying they are going to charge me £40, when my tracking is showing they have already received it.   They do include a few words saying "sorry to bother you" if you have already sent it back, but I don't think that is good enough to say that right at the end of a message when they have already got the wind up me and made me very nervous about being charged money I don't have when they start the email with "Unfortunately we haven’t had our kit back yet..... and then ... "If you don't return the kit, the value(s) shown below (£40) will be added to your account in 9 days and confirmed,"  and when this is now the third such message I have had from Virgin (2 by text and one email).

Its also all very well saying give it 28 days to be marked as received, however my last email said that they were going to be charging me in 9 days time - which is only 22 days from when I left it at Collect Plus (which was the day after I received the packaging, so I definitely didn't leave it till the last minute).   How can I be sure I'm not going to be charged?   

I don't think that is good customer relations at all to keep on threatening  charges, to not update their records quick enough to acknowledge returns, and to potentially add charges because of their poor record keeping.   Yet another reason why I won't recommend Virgin to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corinne1,

Thanks for posting and for your feedback. The messages are automated but I do understand the annoyance. If you've sent it back, please keep your receipt, it can take us 14 days (not including weekends) to scan it in, assign it to the correct account and then remove it of said account. 

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos