cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issue that goes on and on

sat118
Tuning in

Hi,

Long time customer of VM and happy with the service (touch wood) just looking for advice on the below.

I signed up to a new deal last July.

Most months since then I have been getting an additional charge of £10.99 for "streaming services/ Netflix standard" added to the bill (and added twice one month).

Netflix standard was part of the deal I signed up to and I can see in my Netflix account I am being billed via Virgin Media for £10.99.

Anyhow I have called VM a number of times regarding this (4?), and each time I am told there has been a mistake and I will be credited the money off my next bill.

It then takes another month to work out that the issue hasn't been fixed.

I needed to call in again today, and tried to get through to a manager or raise a complaint.

I was told this wasn't possible by the first girl I was speaking to and why did I need to speak to someone as she had resolved the issue. I tried to explain why I wanted to speak to someone and I got cut off (I believe she hung up).

The second girl I spoke to was able to arrange for a manager to call me back tomorrow; I was told this previously and didn't receive a call so not sure if I'll get a call or not.

Just wondering what my next steps are; this is taking up too much of my time and going on for far too long.

My dad complained in the past of a similar sounding issue; is this normal behaviour?

Apologies for the rant!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buffer6
Legend

This is in the wrong section, in order to get the attention of the Forum Staff which can take a few days, It should be in 'Manage your account'

It's frustrating to have to keep calling and not see the issue resolved. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

Keep a record of all the times you've called and the names of the people you spoke with. Make sure you have notes on what was discussed and what was promised.

When you speak to the manager, explain the situation calmly and clearly. Be specific about the problem and the steps you've taken so far to try to resolve it. Ask for a specific resolution and a timeline for when it will be implemented.

If you don't receive a call back or the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, consider escalating your complaint to a higher level of management or filing a complaint with the regulator Ofcom. You can find more information about how to do this on their website.

If you have a social media account, you can also try reaching out to Virgin Media on their official accounts. Companies are often very responsive on social media, and it may be a way to get their attention and get the issue resolved.

Regarding your question about whether this is normal behaviour, it's hard to say. Billing errors can happen with any company, but it's important for them to take responsibility and take steps to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. If you feel that your concerns are not being taken seriously, or if you feel that you're being given the runaround, it's important to escalate the issue until you get a satisfactory resolution.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in getting the issue resolved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Buffer6
Legend

This is in the wrong section, in order to get the attention of the Forum Staff which can take a few days, It should be in 'Manage your account'

It's frustrating to have to keep calling and not see the issue resolved. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

Keep a record of all the times you've called and the names of the people you spoke with. Make sure you have notes on what was discussed and what was promised.

When you speak to the manager, explain the situation calmly and clearly. Be specific about the problem and the steps you've taken so far to try to resolve it. Ask for a specific resolution and a timeline for when it will be implemented.

If you don't receive a call back or the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, consider escalating your complaint to a higher level of management or filing a complaint with the regulator Ofcom. You can find more information about how to do this on their website.

If you have a social media account, you can also try reaching out to Virgin Media on their official accounts. Companies are often very responsive on social media, and it may be a way to get their attention and get the issue resolved.

Regarding your question about whether this is normal behaviour, it's hard to say. Billing errors can happen with any company, but it's important for them to take responsibility and take steps to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. If you feel that your concerns are not being taken seriously, or if you feel that you're being given the runaround, it's important to escalate the issue until you get a satisfactory resolution.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in getting the issue resolved.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Buffer6 wrote:

Posting on social media is a great way to get attention, I agree. But in VM's case, they'll just refer you back to this very forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sat118,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your package and being billed for Netflix. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

So as I expected I didn't get a call from a virgin media manager today, more of my time and energy wasted.

Steven, thanks for the offer of help I will PM you my details.