cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill jumped from £79 to over £200

Jpaul25
Tuning in

Hi Guys.

Please can I speak to someone thats not a robot with polocy and procedure at virgin in a call centre.

I moved house on the 1st November, and my services were moved to the new property without hitch.

Until today I noticed that Iw as charged over £200 last month and my new monthly debit has gone up to £129 a month instead of £79 a month which is what I signed up for.

Can someone please get in contact with me to discuss this.

Thanks

JP

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you check your previous monthly bills and/or contract, did you have a promotional discount that was due to expire? That would be one common explanation for the increase from £79 > £129.

The only problem you may encounter is that when you moved home, it's often a disconnect/reconnect so far as online account access is concerned - so you may not have access to those past bills to check this. But it's something simple that can be easily eliminated if so.

One other, equally feasible, option is that there are some extra charges on your current bill - have you been able to check your online bills as to how this £200 charge is made up?

I suspect you have a combination of both issues here, judging by your comment about the package price being £129 but bill being £200

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My Welcome offer runs till Jun 2022.

Online chat is saying that as I moved house they can put me back to normal tarif of £129 instead of £79

Can I please talk to someone who knows what they are talking about as they are being ridiculous on the online chat.

Hi there @Jpaul25

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, I'll need to send you a PM so we can grab some details. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

Please see the transcript I have had with the online guys today.

Its an utter joke what is trying to happen here.

All I want is my bill fixed and set back to £79 a month, and I want to cancel, movies sports and kids packages, but apparently i am not allowed to.

How can i Upload the transcript of the online chat.

Can I upload the PDF to this chat please!