cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement and Account Holder

Derri
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Sadly my mum passed away two weeks ago. She was the account holder for our Virgin Media. Now I've got access to that account as I dealt with most of the Internet and TV stuff as she's not particularly tech savy. We're looking to transfer the account to my Dad. 

I found the bereavement form and stuff but given that I already have access to my mums account, do we need to go through all of that?

It seems a lot of faffing about to essentially get a change of name. I mean the direct debit etc is all the same.

We're also looking to potentially change our package because we don't need the same as like my mum was the only one who used a lot of the stuff we've got in our package and obviously that won't be the case. 

I was considering phoning but I couldn't really find a right option. 

Thanks

Derri 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Derri,

Sending you upliftment and support at this sad time.

A member fo the Forum Team may pick this up for you, however you can  call the bereavement team on their direct  number 0800 952 2302.

They are open Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm) and Saturday (9am to 5pm)

It might be an idea to cancel your late mums account completely and set up a new account in your dads name to take advantage of VM's new customer pricing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Derri

We're really sorry to hear of your mothers passing and offer our condolences at this sad and difficult time. We appreciate you raising this via the forums to let us know.

We would recommend speaking to the team to make any changes necessary as there are some actions that can only be completed by the account holder. Contact them on the number provided and they will be happy to discuss this and support you with the account and any changes needed.

Rob