Menu
Jamblue
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amend credit file

While checking my credit score, I noticed a Virgin media account activated in 2018, not by me might I add. This account is now in arrears, and has been damaging  my credit score for the last year. 

I spent hours on the phone with advisors that had no idea was I was talking about. Finally I spoke to an advisor that told me I had no outstanding payments. I was referred to the credit file amendment team. As you have guessed no help.

I need to get this sorted out.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amend credit file

Hi Jamblue,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, 

It can usually take around 14 working days to hear back from the Credit File Amendments team, can you confirm if this time frame has passed?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Jamblue
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alex

The credit file team replied to my email in good time however they where not very helpful. I still have this default payment on my credit score. I am prepare to pay the £33.00. Knowing full well this is an error. I jus want it off.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

If the amount isn't from an account that you have had, we will need to raise a fraud form. 

I will need to drop you a PM to get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
tomhamer100
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I am having a very similiar issue where I had a charge outstanding on my account, which has now been removed and I'm waiting for the credit file team to get back to me.

Virgin have admitted the charge was incorrect and the collections team have removed it, however I have had an oustanding email to the creditfile team for longer than 13 days now. Please could you help me understand if there is any escalation I can do.

This is super important to me as I currently cannot get a mortgage with this outstanding.

My ideal situation is that this is removed this week. If that isnt possible, please could someone at Virgin write me a non-template email which explains this is going to be removed so I can show the bank?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomhamer100. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums.

I can see you have been in touch with our team today and they are in the process of this, it can take 28 days for this to show up on any credit file site such as Experian 

Zoie

0 Kudos