Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amend credit file

Hi I have cleared my outstanding balance which is £85.82p on the 13/4/2020 at 1:17pm with virgin Media can you please remove this off my credit file ASAP as it affects my credit file please the sooner the better please as I have done my part with providing the payment that was required  the person I spoke to told me to email credit amendments@ virgin and I have had no joy can u please remove it as it is affecting my credit ref:T09594

Thank you 

Mr Ahyan Rahman 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amend credit file

Hi

An issue like this would not be able to be sorted over the forum.

Have you tried the text service below and an agent will call you back

Thanks

Craig

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Media services - and it's free!

Just send your query to 07533 051 809 and we’ll text you back.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately we are unable to help with anything like this on the forums. These things usually happen automatically once the payment has cleared but it can take a while to update on your credit file.

For any account issues apart from trying to call CS your best option at the moment is to send a text to 07533 051809 with details of your problem along with your account number and area reference. Someone will then contact you to discuss. 

Unfortunately as I'm sure you can appreciate with what's going on at the moment some of our call centres are currently closed/running with less staff so it may take a while for someone to get in touch

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HarryVMTech, Craig_w4128 and all the other new Forum Team members,

Please stop asking for your posts to be marked as "helpful" unless your answers actually resolve the issue in question.

That's the way the forum has worked, up until now. Helpful answer = resolved issue.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In fairness the answers may not resolve the issue, but where they give the best route to doing so at this time, they are helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My problem was not resolved I have just been texting a automated mobile number that does not resolve anything instead you wasted my time again talking texting a machine nothing has been answered I did what was required pay my bill so know you should do your part instead of me chasing virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ahyan,

As I said, there is nothing that we can do with this here on the forum. Your only option is to call CS or text the number I gave and wait for a call back.

Just remember that credit files (experian etc) aren't updated immediately. Even tho your debt is clear with us it can take several days or longer for changes to be reflected on these sites.

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The updates to credit files happen twice a month so can take 14 days. It also can;t be removed and will only be marked as settled.

The default was correct at the time of adding it to your credit file so won;t be removed completely only marked as settled as that is a true image of the events that happened.

Other credit agencies need to know that you defaulted and paid late. Removing a default completely would make credit ratings useless

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks