cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something?

oldgoose
Joining in

Long story short.... Main reason I want to jump in the river is that when I ring customer services I press the button I want, a recorded message gives me information and then says 'goodbye'. It took me 10 days and managing to get help by posting on Twitter, to report a fault. I now want to speak about my account. I get a recorded message telling me how much I owe and then it's goodbye. What have I not done? Can anyone please help? I want to ask questions not be given an answer and then cut off. Are no customer services agents employed at VM any more? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you in dispute over a payment to VM?

The recorded phone message and no contact seems to be a tactic VM deploys if VM thinks you owe money to try to get you to pay up first of all. There could be other explanations though.

You might get some help via the VM forum team on here. They generally reply within a few days.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you in dispute over a payment to VM?

The recorded phone message and no contact seems to be a tactic VM deploys if VM thinks you owe money to try to get you to pay up first of all. There could be other explanations though.

You might get some help via the VM forum team on here. They generally reply within a few days.

Thankyou. You have confirmed what I suspected. VM are punishing people who don't play the game. I always pay but because my pension is paid 4 weekly it messes up my bank no end. When I have paid up I'm off. 

Hey oldgoose, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

What type of help are you looking for, what has gone on? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matt. To answer your question. I think I should be owed compensation for almost 2 weeks without a landline. If I am correct, I think that it starts from the day the fault was reported. However, I could not get through to customer services or faults or anything because I was automatically connected to a payment line. But this was not a payment issue it was a fault. The website gave me all these operations to perform and I had performed them, next step, ring the customer service line but it said goodbye and hung up on me.  So now, though I finally got an engineer out, trying to get that nearly gave me a nervous breakdown, I was without a landline for 12 days and as I simply could NOT report it, I have missed out. 

I am sorry to hear this, what has happened with the landline? Was this down to an outage or issues in the area? 

If so you can see the policy on this here.

So sorry to hear about this, so a tech has come out to fix this and just to confirm this has been fixed now? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes Matt an engineer came out to fix the problem, which was not a general one, just a fault on my line. I don't mind waiting for an engineer, but my problem was the so called customer services or lack of. 

Thank you @oldgoose for updating us and I am so sorry again that you have had this experience. 

We will pass this feedback on to the relevant teams and we are so sorry again you have struggled to reach us. 

Please be aware you can also talk to our staff about faults or other general enquiries here on the forums or via messaging on WhatsApp on 07305 327 112.