Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

After 30 years I've finally had enough of bad customer service.

Over the weekend I received an advanced bill £30 higher than my agreed payment for the package I have which ends at the end of August. So Today I called to get that bill reduced only to be told I have to pay the inflated bill despite me dropping services (starting at end of contract) to the same amount I pay now. CS OP kept insisting I have to pay inflated bill to the point I got very angry and told her to shove the effing package. I WILL NOT MAKE ADVANCED PAYMENTS FROM MY ALREADY TIGHT BUDGET FOR A SERVICE I WILL NOT HAVE.

So i make myself clear this moment that unless someone from retentions calls me in the next 24 hours or I will cancel my package in full.

Tags (1)
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: After 22 years I've finally had enough of bad customer service.

Sorry I made a mistake it's 22 years, from 1998

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

for every person that leaves a new customer joins - that's churn for you.
however, billing issues can't be dealt with on the forums, so i guess you'll be cancelling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well considering I've just received another bill almost 50 quid higher, then yes I will be leaving.

I did not agree to any contract yet I'm now being told my next bill will be 100% higher with the loss of 2 services. Go figure.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am exactly the same.

I have carried on using Virgin ever since I lived at my parents and we had it when it was telewest back at the end of the 1990s too.

The prices keep getting hiked and several pricing errors.

I was supposed to be on Ultimate  bundle which was £89 a month....and this crept up to £110 a few times, and they refunded me and said it was a clerical error !!! Well i left a note on my account for an automated email and someone to call me when the account was ending. I also noted this on my calendar.

4 weeks before this was ending i phoned several times and each time due to covid-19 the phone lines were not taking calls, so i emailed....and emailed....tweeted, complained.

Then just last week I still tried every day for a week and still no joy, i again emailed and tweeted!!! nothing.

Finally by bill went was saying it was going up to £144 from £89!....and one reason i was trying to stop some services as covid-19 has stopped all my work and first time in 27 years of running my own business....we are suffering massively in the events industry.

I finally got through to someone as was told by an actual Virgin Engineer.....select that I want to add to my services and the sales team pick up straight away !!!!!!! I did....and yes they did !!!!  and they did not give a damm that i asked nicely what packages etc....they said best bundle was £120 for TV and 100mb broadband etc - i said no to movies but was still over £100 !!!.....so i just said ive had enough and canceled the lot....and her comment was - YOUR LOSS!!!!!!!

No dear, your loss........The disgusting service and lack of acknowledgement is no good at all, as an customer for many many years I think ive served my time and now need my freedom !.....goodbye 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That was more or less the type of attitude I was greeted with. So I have now removed TV +Telephone packages and lowered internet to 100mb. I don't need to pay to watch repeated programs I have HD Freeview with exactly the same repeats. No sports that I watch (mainly boxing and Speedway) are going ahead in the UK so for me it's win win & not my loss at all. Once the full finacial impact of covid has hit many customers I think a lot of providers will be laying off staff to compensate loss of income, the attitudes of CS ops will play a big part in customer loss/retention.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

why would you continue to use a company that you've had enough of?
surely you would cancel the internet as well.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How I deal with my lot is of no concern to you tyvm.

Problem sorter
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yet you post about it on a public forum.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Proper little busy body aren't you