cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 for recommending a friend

DG22
Joining in

I was recommended by a friend to switch to Virgin Media with the promise that he and I would receive £50 each as a reward. My service went live on 2 September but neither he nor I have received the promised amount yet. Can someone from the VM team kindly look into this please?

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DG22,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry for any issues faced with your package, may I ask did you receive a link to sign up or did you just contact our team? 

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain, thanks for replying. I had contacted the team and was reassured that it would be processed.   

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

Were there any credits on the any bills at all?

You can check this via MyVM.

Also regarding the prior question, was this offered via our telesales team when you rang up?

As that would be applied to the account via that channel.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi

None of my bills have been credited so far. The package which I had ordered back in May 2022 had a £50 welcome credit as an added incentive therefore separate from the friend's recommendation reward. I had rung the VM helpline to inquire if I could still avail of the reward despite accidentally deleting the link sent by my friend. I was then transferred to an aklamio representative who processed my request and said I would receive the reward one month after going live. 

The original go-live date was 22 June 2022 but VM kept pushing it back until 2 September. I'm therefore wondering if the reward has ended up being overlooked. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay,

Just to also clarify have you contacted Aklamio via 01576 820030 or emailed via virgin-media@aklamio.com regarding this?

If so what have they advised as they should be processing this.

Regards,

Kain

I haven't contacted aklamio myself. I thought that apprising VM of the problem would be enough and it would be taken care of. VM has obviously outsourced this service to aklamio so shouldn't this be VM's responsibility to resolve instead of the customer's?

Hi DG22, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm afraid the refer a friend offer no longer goes through Virgin Media - everything is done via Aklamio as the credit is paid direct to your Aklamio account and not your VM account. 

The delay in installation may have caused an issue with the tracking however if you contact Aklamio directly using the details above, they will be able to get things sorted for you. 

Please keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Just feeding back from the experience with aklamio: my initial email was replied to the next day but it took a week for them to inform me that the credit had been put forward for approval. After that it took another 3 days before the £50 was in my aklamio account and then another 4 days before it was transferred to my bank account. All in all a positive experience but in this day and age I would have expected them to have completed the job in 3 - 4 days instead of 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help with this. Enjoy your Christmas break when you get it.

Diptendra

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update DG22,

However many apologies for the experience faced.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Take care,

Kain