cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Days Notice not actioned

sptcox
On our wavelength

*30 days Notice given 20/1/22 to terminate all services

*Unknown Date - I received a call from retentions offering me £29 per month for my current package if I stayed.(previous best offer was £54) I politely refused. Said that the time to offer that was when I gave 30 days notice, not a week afterwards

*Phone ported to SKY 16/2/22 - All other services remained in service, but not used - Should have ceased on 20/2
*Called UK agent on Monday 21. She said she need to wait until Friday 25/2/22 to be sure that disconnect wouldn't mess up phone transfer to SKY - said she would set a reminder to call me to confirm everything on 25/2.
*25/2 - no phonecall. TV, Broadband & account still active
*26/2 - checked still active. Phoned VM and was put through to Phillipino agent. Waste of 30 min call. She clearly did not know what she was doing.
Said there was no disconnection notice on the account and I needed to give another 30 days notice - I asked to speak to a manager. She refused - said they were all in meetings.
I asked to be transferred to a UK agent or manager. She put me through to an automated service where it asked me to input an employee number. Could get no further. She couldn't even get that right.

Why can't Virgin Media ever get things right?

Why are inneffective offshore help desks still being used long after everyone realised they simply don't work?

Somebody at VM needs to immediately terminate my services as agreed a month ago. Need to calculate a final bill minus a discount for the aggravation caused to myself.

And forget another 30 days notice to cover your own **bleep** ups. That simply is never going to happen - see you in court if you persist.

P.S 20 years plus I have been with VM. Leaving because they wanted to charge me around 60% more than a new customer. No loyalty to customers and clearly struggle to get anything right.

4 REPLIES 4

TresFrustre
Up to speed

Hello sptcox

I'm in a similar situation to you.  I'm logging progress of my cancellation/disconnection on this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Disconnection-not-put-through/m-p/4...

However, unlike you, I've been assured by Forum Team members that my cancellation request is in the 'system'.

One of the Forum Team will likely come along and advise whether your TV & broadband cancellation request has been logged. I'm not sure how far they can help if it hasn't. I think it likely you'll have to follow Virgin's "complaints" procedure. I'd advise caution in cancelling any direct debit or stopping payment on the account as you may incur a charge, also missed/late payment fees and perhaps most seriously, negative markers reported to credit reference agencies.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sptcox, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the disconnection and will send you a private message so that things can be looked into further. - Chris

Update on where we are:

After a lengthy call yesterday and private messages on this post, The services are now finally disconnected.

The latest issue is ever changing charges that VM are trying to say I owe.

These vary between over £90 down to £41, depending who I speak to.

My 18 month contract was at an end when I put in the termination request and I have been with VM for more than 20 years - so no early disconnection fees can ever be justifiable.

The only explanation I have had is a charge for exporting the landline number. No amount has been mentioned, I can find nothing online to say that a number export on termination of contract is chargeable, so I have asked for a full breakdown of charges and to be pointed in the direction of specific T&Cs that spell this out.

As far as I can see, the only money I owe is £27 for the pro-rata portion of the final month in advance bill.I ALWAYS PAY WHAT I OWE, BUT WILL NEVER PAY WHAT I DON'T OWE.

It does seem that VirginMedia pluck random ever changing numbers out of the air and expect the customer to just fall in line and pay up without offering a concise breakdown of figures or any form of justification.

For the number of hours I haves wasted speaking to VM agents that fail to do as requested, don't bother getting back to you when they say they will and offshore who give you totally wrong answers and then transfer you to a dead end - I think VirginMedia should be the ones paying me money!

Loyal customer of 20 years plus here who is totally disgusted by this shambles that they laughably call customer service.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sptcox, thanks for messaging us over PM and am glad that we have been able to get this resolved for you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance and have a good rest of the week. - Chris.