cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly Delayed Activation (KMM106743415V89446L0KM)

baf12345
Joining in

I'm really not sure why I think this would help but I'm really totally despairing at this point. I moved a few doors down to a new flat in March and signed up with Virgin Media as we used them in my old flat without any issue. However, it has now been over 6 weeks and multiple rescheduled appointments, and still no internet. 

I've spoken to various teams on various occasions and am constantly told conflicting information, that work is currently ongoing to clear the blockage in my area, or that work has not yet started, that they've spoken to the third party company and I'm top of the list, but there's too many people in front of me and they've rescheduled, or that they haven't emailed the third party contractor because they won't change their schedule. They send me text messages asking me to reply to chat, then never reply, or promise callbacks then nothing. They don't explain what the blockage is, why it's taking so long, and they have no way  I've now been pushed back for the 5th time to 20th May, which they waited until after hours on a Saturday to tell me so I haven't been able to speak to anyone to get any more information, not that anyone would.

I work from home and though they've sent me a dongle, it makes my system crash and is having a huge impact on my ability to do my job. The stress is really getting to me. I don't know what to do.

24 REPLIES 24

20230128_165647.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue you're here seeking assistance with? I'm guessing something to do with markings on a pavement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ruthskii 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Are you able to give us a little more information alongside your image post so we can try and offer some assistance?

Please let us know how we can help!

All the best. 🌞 

Molly

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Come off it!  Both japitts and Molly_T, you both know full well what this means.  Or rather, I assume you do; a far more worrying possibility is that you don't.  Would either of you care to clarify?

Unfortunately ruthskii, this is business as usual at VM.  Read this thread, there's hundreds more like it.  Or this one, that'll explain how there's no hope for you.  You are of course entitled to some chunky compensation, but expect VM to play the "it weren't us, it were the council" excuse both the justify their miserable performance, and to evade their obligations under the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Come on, @Andrew-G . You’ve assumed a lot about what the OP has posted.

I see no evidence that they are impatient to have Virgin Media installed or that they know what the writing on the pavement means.

To me VM stands for Virtual Machine, an IBM operating system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ruthskii

We'd love to help you.  To enable us to do so, we need to understand the issue. As my colleague previously requested, please could you provide us with more information?

Regards

Lee_R

It's just so frustrating. My poor girls are in tears when the dongle which do have is just so slow or doesn't work. The technians are suppose to check channel when clearing a blockage and twice they have not done it just ridiculous.

Thanks for getting back to us ruthskii. 

I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Installation date changed again now looking at 24 March.