Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: what the hell is going on virgin!

I had already spoken to TalkTalk and this is the point I was trying to get at originally. We didnt create an account with TalkTalk when they "requested" that our number was ported to them. The checks that were made to ensure the order was "above board" was obviously NOT and yet it was still accepted. You mention that there are checks and data protection to be passed which, on the face of it, hints that these checks would not pass if I had not given permission for my number to be transferred. Yet I did not give permission as I didnt even have knowledge this was happening and yet these "data protection" checks still managed to be passed. When I did talk to customer services over at TalkTalk i didnt even pass security checks in order to access the account. Though what I did manage to ascertain was that my name was not associated with that account. I asked them, without revealing the actual account name, if Macilroy was or was not associated with the account there. They replied that my name was not on the account. How all this has happened is beyond belief to me.

Yes I still wasnt the order to be raised and my number added back onto my account. I have every right to request this and expect this to be precisely done. I also wish an investigation to be raised on VM's end in order to ascertain how something like this can happen, oh and so that you can implement new processes in order to prevent it from happening again.

Also as I mentioned in my last post, I wish a complaints procedure to be opened regarding this issue still.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi  lmacilroy,

Cheers for your reply, I can confirm that this is already being looked into, investigated when you notified us about this.

Here is the link, where you can raise a formal complaint, https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint

Thanks,

Corey C

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ive just rang up the sales team today regarding my services...Og lovely...the call centre is CLOSED...why give me the number for the sales team when in facy that department is closed at present. So I went through to Accounts services instead and asked for assistance from there. Ive found out that the order wasnt raised and that im back at square one. Ten bloody days I now have to wait AGAIN for my number to be requested back from TalkTalk. This is absolutely disgusting service now from VM.

This day and age and ALL you are interested about is making money STILL from doing as little as possible in return!

Formal Request: I would like a senior member of management to contact me regarding this issue and to discuss what sort of compensation we will be receiving in light of your absolute poor customer services.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello VM well your engineer has been and gone from our premises. We were promised OVER a week ago that today would be the last day of our issues and that our line would be back with you and our number back up and running.

Well as Cilla would say at times..."Surprise Surprise". Its not! The line is not up and running and our number has still NOT been ported back. We were told that a request had been put through to TalkTalk through your end via email requesting the number to be ported back to you. Well that worked out well didnt it.

Anyway. The engineer came today and at the end of it all, we found out our current situation. We've been told by the engineer (who was told by support staff on the phone) that we need to contact TalkTalk and request the work order for porting our number to them to be cancelled. Well blow me how can we do that if we didnt open an account with them - which by the way - means we would not have the means to access the account associated with our number their end so that we can make that request and have it cancelled. Well I thought I'd give it a try anyway and see what I can do (ya never know I might have got lucky...luckier than Id get on a Friday or Saturday night when I were a spring chicken with a mission in mind!). Lo and Behold - It wouldnt have mattered anyway as TalkTalk have temporarily closed their customer services line until after the COVID-19 situation has eased off. Best thing is myself and my partner can be considered immuno compromised and I am classed as vulnerable. This number is of utmost importance to us and again we are at square one. Apparently we are being issued with a temporary number until our issues with TalkTalk are resolved and the original number is ported back. But I put this forward to you - WHY should this be left to upon our onus to sort out when being given a temporary number means that we will have to update account details and records with multiple organisations which means even more inconvenience to us. I require this number for contact with my doctors surgery AND hospital as I have regular appointments for several conditions I suffer from. I suffer from Stage 4 Kidney failure and Type 2 diabetes and also sight loss issues - hence I am considered a vulnerable person. My partner suffers from COPD. Yet we are told we will not be given priority and have to wait in line like everyone else.

After this mornings misadventures attempting to resolve things finally. I feel this matter now needs to go to ADR.

I now require a senior executive to get in touch with me. I do not mean a supervisor or departmental manager, BUT a regional executive who actually HAS the authority to deal with this issue and resolve it within 24 hours. Yes I did say that. I want this issue resolved within 24 HOURS. I will no longer accept excuses or being told it cant be done. It can be done and it WILL be done.

I have already spoken to our Local BBC radio station regarding this issue. They said IF it continues and the issue is not resolve satisfactorily to contact them again and they will assist in looking into this matter on one of their topical programmes.

Good day to you all!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Is your Talk Talk account active if not a number port will fail. Number ports can only be done from an active account

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Let me make this clear for the umpteenth time. We do NOT have a TalkTalk account. We never authorised our number to be ported to them. It was done without our knowledge OR consent ie our phone number was SLAMMED. So with that in mind how would we access "our" TT account when we didnt create one or sign any paperwork or anything along those lines.

Please, Please come on VM. I am now getting near to the end of my patience with this. Why are WE the ones who are expected to sort this issue out when we dont have the means to be able to sort it out. This is an issue between VM AND TALKTALK why should the onus be put on us to resolve this issue!

Now please follow through my request and have a REGIONAL EXECUTIVE contact us regarding this complete and utter balls up!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @lmacilroy

I can certainly understand your frustration here and I can only apologise that something has happened with your landline and has been ported to another company - as much as we'd love to get this sorted out within 24 hours as you have requested, a number port cannot be done in that timescale - it takes upto 10 days for a number port to complete. 

No one, regardless of position within Virgin Media or another company can speed this process on I'm afraid. 

I can see from looking at your account that this is all in hand and the telephone team are doing all they can to get this sorted out as quickly as physically possible. 

Just as some background - if another company contacts to to request a number port; we cannot deny this request. We are sorry if this was done in error by TalkTalk; I can only assure you that we're doing all we can to get this sorted out for you. 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos