Menu
mvlessing
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

telephone line down 3 months + unacceptable damage to my house by Virgin team

My family has been without a functioning phone line for 3 months now. Virgin tell us they need to 'connect a new line' to our house. They have made 3 appointments so far and have either failed to show up or, on their last visit, done such indescribable damage to our outside wall (and still failed to connect the telephone line) that we are now contacting lawyers for compensation.

We have two very elderly parents (92 and 89) who entirely rely on calling our land line for their support from us. They are bewildered that during the height of Covid comms with us have been so difficult (trying to get them to use a mobile phone has been extremely challenging).

I run a housing company and know that customer complaints can be overwhelming and difficult, but we have decent systems in place whereby at the right moment the CEO DOES actually intervene to sort things out when they get out of hand.

I have written 3 times to Lutz Schueler and have yet to hear from him. It truly is scandalous that Virgin Media's complaints team performs so poorly.

I will now write to local MP's; press; OFCOM and various other orgs next - but NONE of this should be necessary if Virgin Media had a caring customer complaints interphase - which it clearly does not have.

Marc

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: telephone line down 3 months + unacceptable damage to my house by Virgin team

Hi @mvlessing

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear of this happening. I've located the account from the forum details provided and I have contacted the installs/damage team so they'll make contact with you asap regarding this complaint and hopefully bring this matter to resolution soon.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mvlessing
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: telephone line down 3 months + unacceptable damage to my house by Virgin team

John_GS

My P.A. just tried to post this message on your cabling and construction site (Cable and Construction | Virgin Media). After filling it all in she got a message that 'sorry we can't submit your form at the moment'. I mean - if you can't even run a functional automated complaints service what are we to do?

Here's the message we wanted to leave. Would you like me to post the photos of the damage?

Your team drilled a hole through our outside wall (without our approval) which was completely unnecessary as the pit in the street was easily wide enough to draw a new cable through (your other cable runs through the same pit neatly into our front garden so why not this one?). They put a shoddy broken piece of snapped plastic over the cable. They then left the cable hanging in our garden plants and finished it off in the wrong place with an unsightly green cover. Our outside wall has only recently been painted as has our whole house. I am a housebuilder by profession and my local building team have accessed the damage to repair our wall; run the new cable properly and repaint the wall at £750. In the meantime, our telephone line still is not working as the cable has not been successfully connected yet (we are 3 months into this problem now which is outrageous enough as it stands).

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

That wouldn't be needed @mvlessing as per the above message that I've contacted the team who is dealing with the complaint and they'll be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mvlessing
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have yet to hear from them John_GS..... maybe you could chase them. Will they call me on my mobile?

Marc

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi mvlessing, 

Thank you for your reply. 

My colleague has contacted the team owning your case to advise you have been in touch and require an update. 

They will use the contact details we have registered on the account to attempt to reach you. 

If you believe these need updating, please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
mvlessing
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Nat just to let you know that three months +1 week in and a slew of complaints to your CEO; your resolutions team; your community board; your press office: I have still not heard from anybody regarding repair of the damage caused to our house; nor compensation for the loss of service for such a long period  let alone an explanation as to why attempts to repairing the line have not succeeded so far.

It is really sad that nobody has contacted me yet with an intelligent response to what is going on. I will now use my media contacts to get the story published.

Marc Vlessing OBE

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi mvlessing, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have not been contacted, I can see that my colleague has contacted the team dealing with this, they will look into this and then be in touch to resolve things for you. They may need to do some investigations before you are contacted by rest assured they will be dealing with this and contact you with their findings? Chris

0 Kudos
mvlessing
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You may find this hard to believe but the engineer who came to sort out the problem today (Courtney)  has pointed out that your previous team had tried to repair the telephone line using an internet cable. So they used the wrong cable. The story gets worse and worse. Your colleague Rebecca in the resolutions team called me yesterday (good call; helpful person) and assured me that she would be calling me back today with a solution to everything. I have yet to hear from her. I even called her today to chase and spoke to someone who said that they would defintely get Rebecca to call me back. But no word yet from her.

So the shambles  continues. 

Marc
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Good evening, mvlessing

I can see Rebecca did call today but this is noted as that she was not able to get in touch.

I've dropped the weekend team a message for you and they'll be in touch tomorrow.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos