Menu
AGS1
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

phone Numbers

If I go for a virgin  media land line will you use the same line as my internet is on and can my old BT phone number be moved a cross ?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone Numbers

@AGS1 wrote:

If I go for a virgin  media land line will you use the same line as my internet is on

Yes - if this is a new request or installation the phone connection will use the TEL port on your Hub3

and can my old BT phone number be moved a cross ?

Yes - but you need to request this at the time you ask for the VM line to be installed. It can take up to 10 days for a "port" to happen from the date you ask. In that period your BT line MUST remain live. So don't cancel your BT line before then or porting is impossible.

Do you reply on your phone line for an alarm system (personal or house)? If you do let us know here. Porting is not guaranteed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone Numbers

Thank you for your post AGS1 and welcome to our community.

To port across a number from another provider you'll need to make sure you keep the line it's on at the moment active and request this be ported over to us with our team. They will then request this from your old provider and as soon as this is complete the old line will be closed. 

For further information if you're looking to become a new customer I'd advise you to contact our sales team so they can be sure this is all done over the phone on 0800 183 1234.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos