Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone how can you contact virgin - I don't have a mobile but internet works

no dial tone how can you contact virgin? - I don't have a mobile but internet works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone how can you contact virgin - I don't have a mobile but internet works

I'd guess you can either wait for one of the Virgin staffers to pick your message up, or find a friend with a phone that they don't mind lending you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone how can you contact virgin - I don't have a mobile but internet works

thanks for your comments : at 35pence a minute it is a rip off to contact Virgin by a mobile . I tried the chatline at 5pmyesterday and they said try agian when they ate open supposedly they were open until 8pm. They should have a contact address by email or wahtsapp.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@disgruntled007 wrote:

thanks for your comments : at 35pence a minute it is a rip off to contact Virgin by a mobile . I tried the chatline at 5pmyesterday and they said try agian when they ate open supposedly they were open until 8pm. They should have a contact address by email or wahtsapp.

Virgin's 0345 4541111 number is a standard landline number, but if you are unhappy with your mobile call charges then that's really for you to take up with your mobile provider.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I MUST HAVE BEEN ASLEEP: I don't use my mobile much and I was on a stupidly expensive tarrifwhich I have now changed to 3p a unit so thanksand kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there disgruntled007, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that your phone line is not working for you. 

I'd like to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, just to eliminate the phone itself from being at fault. If you can let us know we can look into things further for you. 

Cheers and apologies once again. 

Huw

P.S. As japitts states, calls to the 0345 454 1111 number will cost exactly the same as calling any number in the UK that starts with 01 or 02

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

First thing I did was to plug another phone in but thanks anyway. It should be possible to contact Virgin faults by a messaging service or email. Problem now fixed after several failed promises after 2 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this, I'm glad to hear that the phone line is now working for you, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

With regards to contacting us, we do offer a webchat service which can be accessed via the contact us link at the bottom of this page. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I tried webchat at 4.30pm on Saturday was told to try again when they were open: I tried it yesterday and after 20 minutes of putting off and prevarication I almost lost the will to live.

regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just as a general point, this reminds me of a conversation I had with a (slightly un-savvy) friend recently. Increasing numbers of people have mobiles these days as their main phone and we're one of those. But there will always be times when there's perhaps a problem with them or an 01/02 number is a better one to give out.

Which is why we do persist with keeping a landline, even if I could count on one hands the number of outgoing calls that weren't quick tests in the past year.

0 Kudos