cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone again

nbnobby
Joining in

power restored after another local power cut, and ive lost my dialing tone again

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nbnobby

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the landline issue. I can see you've remotely booked yourself an engineer visit.

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how it goes. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nbnobby
Joining in

Yet another local power cut, and yet again no dialing tone....however the virgin media website is really bad(not quite the wording i wanted to put)......

how do you book an engineer now....you fall into a loop continually checking status, with no option to book an engineer.

is there something i can do my end to fix this annoying fault??????

my misses and i both have elderly parents

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @nbnobby

I have taken a look & all the checks seem to be coming back as expected. 

Have you made any change to your package recently? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

i thought you might have already known about this fault. no...ive not made any changes.....

when i have an electrical power cut, when the virgin boxes reboot, and connect, i NEVER get a dialling tone, this fault has happened countless times before, i got some lame answer about old cabling at the exchange last time.

but the other problem is how to book an engineer from the website

PS I STILL HAVE NO DIAL TONE

Hi @nbnobby,

I am very sorry to hear about this. Is your landline service provided via a connection into the router, or through a socket in the wall?

Can you also confirm if any other services are impacted, or is it just your landline service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

its via a socket, and once power is restored, and boxes booted, everything else is ok

Hi @nbnobby,

Thank you for expanding. Can you try plugging it into any other phone sockets you have in the home (if any) to see if the issue repeats itself there? That can help us to narrow it down as an equipment related issue.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

i only have 1 socket, and i have tried a different phone....this problem has happened quite a lot of times, its not a fault inside the house, im told an engineer visits the exchange.....the engineer has never called here

Hi @nbnobby,

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at what's happening.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team