cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming Phone call - cant hear caller but they can hear me !!

monkeynuts1469
On our wavelength

Just had the phone switched over to VOIP and had the new router installed.

Also had an emergency Phone caller installed as I am disabled  with a Alarm fitted in case of falling

Ever since then, intermittently we have a call, the caller can hear me saying hello but I cant hear  them (as if its a silent caller and its very frightning )

It doesn't happen every time but 3-4 times per week .

Has any one else had this problem when transferred to this service (voip)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is still happening , an it is getting very annoying.

Some calls work , some don't.

If the person on the other end cannot be heard , they cc all back with Everything the same and occasionally it will work.

So it's not the handset it is definatly the phone line , and it is possibly when someone is ringing on a mobile rather than landline ! 

So frustrating considering going back to sky !

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello monkeynuts1469

Thanks for you post 

I am sorry to hear this is happening since the upgrade 

Can I ask if the silent calls are from the same number?

If it  happens again can you please dial 1471 after the call to find the number out 

We are just trying to find if its the same number calling you then it might be a fault on the callers line

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Yes ,so far it's about 6  different numbers

Sometime they work , then they don't it's that intermittent !

It's a mixture of land line calls and mobiles, so far can't see a pattern !

Gareth 

Can I also say clarify they are not silent calls , the other person is talking saying hello hello but I can't hear them!!

HI monkeynuts1469

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the landline. 

Can you confirm if this is happening with a different handset? 

Chris 

Hi Chris

2 different handsets, one upstairs is digital, downstairs is Analog

Kind Regards,

It is a possibility that it happens more on the analogue phone

Just had a mobilen ring 5 times , on the 6th attempt it worked I could hear my son who had been trying to reach me . It's very interrmittent . Could it be an issue with using the analogue phone . Engineer that did the switch  we could use our Existing phone ! 

Hi monkeynuts1469,

Our apologies you're still having an issue with this. 

I have checked on our side and can see a fault has been reported in the area that is affecting your services. 

The current estimated fix time is 10/2/20 at 6pm. I can check the ticket and can see it is being worked. I would recommend giving till 7pm to check it again. 

If it is continuing to happen after 7pm then we would advise to message us so we can check if it has been resolved and if so can move onto the next steps to get this resolved. 

^Martin

This is still happening , an it is getting very annoying.

Some calls work , some don't.

If the person on the other end cannot be heard , they cc all back with Everything the same and occasionally it will work.

So it's not the handset it is definatly the phone line , and it is possibly when someone is ringing on a mobile rather than landline ! 

So frustrating considering going back to sky !

Any updates to this ,it's still happening 

It's defo not the phone , and it's intermittent . Sometimes calling straight after it works !

It's driving me crazy !