cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get fibre?

MeeMMeeM
Tuning in

Hi,

Before Christmas (Nov ish) we had a Virgin agent knock at our door offering Fibre, however, we were still in contract with Seethelight...

We are now approaching the end of our contract so I have contacted Virgin did a postcode search which states "Virgin is in our area", however, whilst I offered a good deal and 3 months free to fill in my details no agent has called me back.

I am being told by some this is because my house isn't connected, but our neighbours have Virgin, I am a little confused as whether I can actually change supplier or am stuck where I am?

Any help out there?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@MeeMMeeM wrote:

Hi,

Before Christmas (Nov ish) we had a Virgin agent knock at our door offering Fibre, however, we were still in contract with Seethelight...

<snip>

Any help out there?

Thanks

Did your individual address appear on the postcode checker or just a general 'area' statement?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker

Do any of your immediate neighbours' addresses appear?

If your home is a house, do you have the small plastic VM access plate in the pavement outside your home?

How do your neighbours with VM receive their connections (from an access plate in the pavement or via some other means)?

Screenshot_20230128-190604~2.png

Full address appears, I haven't seen an access plate, but we are "kinda a new build" which has fibre to the door, we were very limited to who could supply us, I believe it is OFNL (Open Fibre Network) and Virgin Media are now on their list.

I haven't chatted to neighbours personally, but according to group chats some have it and some don't (sorry not definitive)

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@MeeMMeeM wrote:

Full address appears, I haven't seen an access plate, but we are "kinda a new build" which has fibre to the door, we were very limited to who could supply us, I believe it is OFNL (Open Fibre Network) and Virgin Media are now on their list.

I haven't chatted to neighbours personally, but according to group chats some have it and some don't (sorry not definitive)

Not heard of OFNL on here before. Looks like a mini/alternative version of Openreach for house developers on new estates servicing a range of suppliers.

From the details on the OFNL website it looks like your connection is already in place and VM should be able to migrate its service onto your existing connection (I'm guessing here, based on the OFNL website info).

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days and should be able to advise on the details (or they may just tell you to phone the VM sales number!).

In parallel with that, you should probably try having a chat with some of your neighbours online (or even in person🤔!) to see how their experience of adopting/using VM has been via the OFNL service.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MeeMMeeM

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

It's great to hear you are interested in getting our service 🙂

Could you check your full address here please and let me know what the website says?

If it says your address is not serviceable, I can send you a private message to get some details so we can take a closer look for you.

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Screenshot_20230128-190604~2.png

Hi, I put my full address in and it saids the above... 😕 so I thought I could get Virgin Media.

Ah okay thank you.

How long has it been since you filled in the form please?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I completed the form a couple weeks a go and again last week, I'm keen to discuss a couple offers including 3 months free and winter sale offer... We only use a fire stick at the moment, but if the deal is right I am happy to take on TV package.

Kind regards 

Jason

Hi @MeeMMeeM, in this circumstance I would advise that you call our Sales Team on 0800 183 1234 to discuss any packages available and installation of the services.

As the website advises our address is serviceable, this should be fairly straight forward with our Sales Team to complete.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn