cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin land line no dial tone

Raj73
Tuning in

My home phone showing Check Phone line display and no dial tone since yesterday evening.

All the lines are connected ok. Any phone issues around the IG1 area?

8 REPLIES 8

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Raj73, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

There doesn't appear to be any issues currently showing in the local area

Can you tell me if you've been able to try an alternative handset on the phone line?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to the phone line that can be removed to see if a dial tone can be gained?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

All the handsets are showing the same message. I have tested through the wall socket and the Router socket. 

Thanks for the swift response, can you possibly try removing all handset from the phone line - expect the one plugged into the master socket, to see if you're able to gain a dial tone?

Once you've attempted one handset, if this is not offering a dial tone, try the other handsets as the sole equipment connected to see if any dial tone can be found

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks.

Yes, I have tried to connect the phone to the master socket and tested it. but no dial tone. I had the same issue couple of months back raised with virgin and they mentioned some issues on the exchange and resolved.

Not sure, the same issue this time as well.

Thanks for coming back to me @Raj73, just for an extra bit of vigilance, can you possibly confirm if you've tried multiple handsets as the only connected device to the phone line, via the master socket? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi 

I have tried with different handset and connected to master socket. Still, it is not working.

How can I book an engineer visit? frustrated with virgin media.

Thanks

Sorry to hear this has not been resolved for you @Raj73. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and book you the earliest engineer visit to look into this for you. You'll see my PM in your inbox shortly in the top corner of the screen. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley