cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin fails to support vulnerable elderly man

John1935
Joining in

I am a vulnerable, 87 year old man who lives alone and has been left without a working home phone since Tuesday 19th July. I have an emergency call system in case I an unwell or fall at home but this has not been working as it is linked to my landline.

I am unable to use the internet or email, so I rely on my relatives who do not live in Nottingham to help me. I have had to visit an elderly neighbour to use their phone to call a taxi to get me to appointments.

My son repeatedly checked the status of the line this week on your website and it said there was no issue identified. He called the automated helpline on Friday and initially it said there was an issue identified that would be fixed by 8pm. At the same time my daughter called your premium rate helpine and the call centre was told I am vulnerable and he also said the fault would be fixed by 8pm on Friday. On instructions from my daughter I have done all the checks at home and there is not a problem with my equipment or connection to the phone line.

The fault has still not been fixed this morning. Is there any other way we can get Virgin to provide the service we pay for and fix my phone line?

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John1934,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to hear you've had some ongoing issues with your landline. We can appreciate just how important it is for you to having a working connection. 

Apologies your daughter was calling the premium rate number. For future reference, if you do need to call, the local rate number is 0345 454 1111.

I would love to take a closer look into things for you and help get the issue resolved. As I have been unable to locate your details using your Forum credentials, I am going to pop you a PM now and we can take it from there 😄

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Your reply is addressed to @John1934 but I am @John 1935

I have replied to your private message

Apologies @John1935, that was a typo, my bad!

I have received your PM now 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs