cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin call about switchover or scam?

JudeGr
Joining in

Are VirginMedia calling account holders about the fibre switchover? We’ve had a phone call - I suspect it’s a scam but they said they’d call back ‘when the account holder is available’. 
Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks.  I'll try the 150 number and see if I can arrange delivery.  Will check back if any issues.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you @kazerp please do and let us know how things go.

Thanks again and if you need us we're here! 

Hi

Just rang to try and arrange delivery of the new modem but not clear on which option to select?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @kazerp,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

When you receive the text/notification it should give you a number which puts you straight through, if not if you follow the route of wanting to change your package the team will be able to arrange the right thing for you.

Joe

Ok, will try again.

Sorry going down the route of changing my package makes me uncomfortable.  Can this be requested a different way?

Hello kazerp. 

Thanks for replying.

We can look at the switchover for you if you wish to g ahead with this before the area roll out.

Including a new hub if needed.

The only thing we are not able support is package changes that require upgrades or downgraded and a new contract. It's out of our support scope.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for your time today kazerp.

Now the hub has been ordered, Can you please let me know how you get on.

Gareth_L

Hi

Received  no tracking information and nothing arrived?

Hi @kazerp 

Sorry to hear that this is not received. 

I can see that you still have a private message open with the agent supporting you on this. 

They'll respond to you privately and be able to support further. Should you have any further questions on this, you can continue to message them privately until resolved. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley